The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ba_ba1
thats because he knocked the ball past Lehman, and was then running past Lehman who simply took him out. If Etoo was free to run past lehman, he would have got to the ball and scored.

You could see that Lehman was definately trying to stop Etoo from scoring, while getting none of the ball.

Don't hurt his fellings too much, he is dissapointed about yesterday :p:
Who cares? It's only Arsenal. MU Rowdies @ the NikeTraffordSuperbowl are the only team supported over here.
I think Ferguson's policy on transfers has changed in the last few years though, and he has bought in some future gems (maybe he had before, but I can't remember many from abroad or didn't notice it) such as Pique and Rossi. So he seems to have shifted to also buying quality players for the near future as well.
The Times also says Man Utd are close to buying Kerlon:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv/player.html?catID=26&clipID=557 (watch after the advert)

I'm an Arsenal fan here, and just in general the whole most hated tag recently has shifted to from Man Utd to Chelsea, not just for the London rivalry purposes, but also everyone else. Must be Mourinho annoying everyone...

Whilst Chelsea dominate it might just we worth watching the U18 Arsenal vs Chelsea games (unless they are all off on loan) as both sides have great young squads coming through. To be perfectly honest i'd rather Man Utd won anything over Chelsea, even though they are one of our biggest rivals it would show that money can't buy every cup. :p:
Reply 4463
I read that it was Carlos who claimed Chelsea wanted him - not Chelsea interested in Carlos.

It made me think it was a last clutch at fame for an aging, average, left back
dimexi
I wont go as far as suggesting bribery! It's very far fetched.. I will put it down to incompetence or maybe lack of judgement

uefa are very dodgy people u know
Scored some phenominal goals and was a master at penalties. 49/50, class stuff
Reply 4466
ashmufc
Don't hurt his fellings too much, he is dissapointed about yesterday :p:

Hurt my feelings? :rolleyes:.. pfft!
ba_ba1
Can we stop all this "the ref was on Barca's side". With regard to the Lehman challenge, it was very cynical (he grabbed hold of Etoos ankle) and the ref therefore had to give him the red card. Giuly may have socred, but the ref already blew his whistle - arsenal players had stopped playing, so it would have been unfair on arsenal to let the goal stand.
Anyway:
Eboue's dive was disgraceful. He should have been booked, which meant he would have got sent off later in the game.
Oleguer got the ball, but he was booked.
Puyol was pushed over by Henry yet the ref gives a corner.
Arsenal time wasting without punishment.
He was poor, but he was in no way biased towards any side.

The ref was right with the sending off, no complaints.

If you are going to book Eboue for diving you have to book Ronaldinho
Oleguer fouled Freddie at least twice on the break, both potentially yellow card offences by themselves. He got booked when he got the ball but should have already been booked
PUYOL CUT ACROSS AND HAD NOT INTENTION TO PLAY THE BALL. Therefore if anything it was obstruction. Henry was well within his right to shoulder barge him
Arsenal time wasting? Pfff, perhaps from 1 corner
What about Marquez coming right through the back of Henry, certain yellow. Give him a yellow and he wouldnt have been so attached to Henry and he would have created more
What about Henry getting booked for clearly taking the ball from the side?
What about the constant hacking of Puyol and Marquez on Henry?

Clearly biased
Reply 4468
ashmufc
Carling Cup and automatic CL qualification, what about Arsenal?

You had nothing last year.. these things happen once in a while :rolleyes:
ba_ba1
but Ronaldinho didnt dive:confused:

Rubbish, he dived on two occassions
Touche :wink:
Reply 4471
lazydays
Touche :wink:

You seeking my trouble again? :p:.. I only state facts you know :p:
Reply 4472
Economist
The ref was right with the sending off, no complaints.

If you are going to book Eboue for diving you have to book Ronaldinho
Oleguer fouled Freddie at least twice on the break, both potentially yellow card offences by themselves. He got booked when he got the ball but should have already been booked
PUYOL CUT ACROSS AND HAD NOT INTENTION TO PLAY THE BALL. Therefore if anything it was obstruction. Henry was well within his right to shoulder barge him
Arsenal time wasting? Pfff, perhaps from 1 corner
What about Marquez coming right through the back of Henry, certain yellow. Give him a yellow and he wouldnt have been so attached to Henry and he would have created more
What about Henry getting booked for clearly taking the ball from the side?
What about the constant hacking of Puyol and Marquez on Henry?

Clearly biased

But Ronaldinho didnt dive. He lost his footing, hence didnt claim anything.

The first 2 were not yellow card offences.

Puyol had the ball - he had every right to stand his ground. Its Henrys job to get round him, and not simply push him so he gives away a corner.

Arsenal were constantly time wasting, but as you're an Arsenal fan you conveniently didnt see it:rolleyes: Almunai and Fabregas were the worst offenders.

Yes that was a yellow.

What about the constant hacking by Toure and Eboue?

Swings and roundabouts, the ref was crap, but he didnt favour any side.
heheheee. You know I love you really. :wink:

On the other hand, I have just been sent these;

(This one makes me sad and happy at the same time, cuz I was on Upper St, Islington last summer after Live8...brings back good memories...*snif*)
Reply 4474
I've seen them :rolleyes: get something original :p:!!
*ahem!* like I said...I love you really! :wink:
Reply 4476
lazydays
*ahem!* like I said...I love you really! :wink:

Yeah right!! with your constant attempts to wind me up all day :p:
Reply 4477
ba_ba1
Oh please shutup. Your support of Arsenal blinds you. He grabs Etoo's ankle and is no where near the ball. So cynical. Watch it again, or see some of the papers today. And dont accuse me of making stuff up when i didnt.

:biggrin: good 4u:biggrin:
Reply 4478
w8wizz
:biggrin: good 4u:biggrin:

So you realise you're wrong, and all you can do is come up with some satirical comment :rolleyes:

I think an apology is in order.
Reply 4479
O!!! Enough of this :frown:

Latest