The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well my sister has some and to be honest, they arent much better than the ones i got for a tenner from tesco. I wouldnt pay for them personally.
100% worth it :smile:
Reply 3
I've used various straighteners and GHD's are the best by a long way... they're definately worth it.
Reply 4
hype! i have these and a cheapie pair, and i prefer the cheaper ones

and ghd's are apparently not 100% ceramic!! corioliss ones are, and they are better i think
best by far, cheap ones do not work on my hair!
Reply 6
Definately worth it. Nothing else has worked as well on my hair.
I have to agree, I've tried loads out and GHDs are the best by a mile!
Reply 8
I've tried loads out but the GHD wide ones are the best so far (touch wood!)
Reply 9
i've got six other sets of straightenners sat upstairs in a box, ones i had before i had my ghds (the fat afro ones - AMAZING), and ones i bought when i was getting my ghds replaced and NOTHING even comes close to comparing. yeah fair enough other straightenners straighten your hair, but ghds you straighten your hair and it stays like that for the whole day. they also make your hair sleek and shiny, and in all the years i've owned them, my hair has not dried or got brittle from them where they did with other ones i owned. so yeah, fab investment of my brother for me for christmas! i'd never use anything else cos its simply not worth the bother.
Reply 10
they're the ultimate hair straightener imo
Reply 11
I used to think they were glorified but I have to say now I've got some they're great.
Reply 12
They are really good! Although I often wonder whether my hair is paying the price. They get so hot and after even using them once my hair feels dead!
[.Ultimate.]
Reply 14
I had loads of other straighteners before buying my GHDs and nothing compares to them, they really are worth every penny. Although the Kodo ones are quite good too, thats what my hairdresser uses when I have my hair cut.
Reply 15
Not a huuuge difference IMO. Though I'm going to buy some soon cuz my straighteners have just broken. I find Remington to be pretty good... the 2x protection ones or the wet to straight ones (though I've only used them on dry hair!)
I cant live wivout my Ghds. There is def alot of difference between ghds & other straighteners. Ive tried so many other str8ners and they r crap compared 2 Ghds. Others dont leave ur hair st8 all day have 2 keep going over it where as ghds i can str8en it and it will stay like that for about 2 days probs wud b longer if i didnt have 2 wash it. Ive had morphy richards, Remingtons, Nicky Clarkes ( which were the worst on my hair.) and many others. GHD's are by far the best.
Reply 17
Definitely worth the money in my opinion! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Definitely the best. Can't beat them!
Reply 19
I have had 8 different straighteners and i think the GHD ones are by far the best. My hair used to go frizzy in the rain and when it was humid, but it doesn't anymore if i use my GHD's and i only have to straighten my hair once a day now, as it stays straight for ages, even when you have slept on your hair.

Latest

Trending

Trending