The Student Room Group

La Sociedad Española

Hello all, this shall be a society for anything and everything Spanish, whether it be exams, work, uni applicatons or even traveling. You can join if you study Spanish at any level, speak Spanish fluently or even if you just really like going to Spain on holiday!
Also if you need any translations from or into Spanish then you can post them here too (not to steal the thunder from the translation society, but they seem mostly to handle German and French).
Ok, to join you need to click on the Socs tab at the top of the screen, find the entry for La Sociedad Española and click the 'Join this soc' link.

Members List

Spoiler

All applications for membership are welcomed:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think they'll probably move this to the academic part of the languages forums.

Excuse lack of accents and crap Spanish :smile:

Hola. Me llamo brimstone, y estudio el espanol. Tambien, estudio el frances. Quisiera estudiar las lenguas a la universidad.
Reply 2
brimstone
I think they'll probably move this to the academic part of the languages forums.

Probably the Socs page methinks.
brimstone

Excuse lack of accents and crap Spanish :smile:
Hola. Me llamo brimstone, y estudio el espanol. Tambien, estudio el frances. Quisiera estudiar las lenguas a la universidad.

Hola brimstone, bienvenido a la sociedad española! Claro que puedes charlar si quieres mejorar tu español:smile:
I'll get right on to starting the members list (although it's going to look a little pathetic until we get more members!).
Reply 3
Well add yourself on there, and then we'll have another member!
Reply 4
brimstone
Well add yourself on there, and then we'll have another member!

Well I'm the founder, I can't put my name in the list, it will look funny!
Reply 5
Talking of being bored, I'm writing a 'Como Agua Para Chocolate' study guide as there isn't one available and I'm quite good at it...probably won't get it published, but it's nice to try.
Buenas tardes, todos! :smile:

Current GCSE and prospective A level student, y quiero continuar el español la universidad. Count me in! :biggrin:
Hola! Me llamo Kelly, tengo 18 anos y estudio el espanol para (?) GCSE. Lo siento, pero hablo muy poquito! Estudio tambien el frances por/para A-level y voy estudiar las lenguas a la universidad en octubre.

Sorry if that made no sense whatsoever, but as I attempted to say, I'm only doing GCSE and I'm teaching myself, so I'm not very good yet. I don't even know if you can use ir plus the infinitive in Spanish because I haven't looked at tenses yet, but I just assumed it would be the same as aller plus infinitive in French.
kellywood_5
Hola! Me llamo Kelly, tengo 18 anos y estudio el espanol para (?) GCSE. Lo siento, pero hablo muy poquito! Estudio tambien el frances por/para A-level y voy estudiar las lenguas a la universidad en octubre.

Sorry if that made no sense whatsoever, but as I attempted to say, I'm only doing GCSE and I'm teaching myself, so I'm not very good yet. I don't even know if you can use ir plus the infinitive in Spanish because I haven't looked at tenses yet, but I just assumed it would be the same as aller plus infinitive in French.

Yes, you're correct. Ir + infinitive is the near future. Alternatively, you could use estudiaré. :smile:

And I believe that para is correct above.
Reply 9
Shouldn't this be in academic? given that this forum is for uni courses.....
Reply 10
is it any concern of yours?
Reply 11
paddy357
Hello all, being particularly bored with revision I thought I'd start a society for all things Hispanic.
This shall be a place for anything and everything Spanish, whether it be exams, work, uni applicatons or even traveling. If you need any translations from or into Spanish then you can post them here too (not to steal the thunder from the translation society, but they seem mostly to handle German and French).
I'll try and have this properly made into a TSR Soc, but it might take a while.

Members List
brimstone

Can I join? por favor
Reply 12
kellywood_5

You can use ir + infinitive the same as aller + inf. eg quisiera ir a la universidad. etc

I would have liked to say your Spanish sentence, but was afraid i'd get por/para wrong when saying I'm studying it for GCSE :O
brimstone
You can use ir + infinitive the same as aller + inf. eg quisiera ir a la universidad. etc

I would have liked to say your Spanish sentence, but was afraid i'd get por/para wrong when saying I'm studying it for GCSE :O

Oh good, at least I can do the immediate future then :smile: I haven't learnt the proper one yet. Lol, I wasn't worried about getting it wrong because my Spanish is so limited at the moment that I'm bound to get many things wrong!
Reply 14
drsmeeth
is it any concern of yours?

yeah why not...i come in this room for uni related stuff....
hey i'd like to join please :smile:
Reply 16
hola todos! que voy a estudiar espanol a la universidad, y me encanta mucho :biggrin: pero solo empece a encantarlo el noviembre pasado cuando fui a granada para hacer un poco de experiencia de trabajo...y ahora me encanta mucho mas que antes :smile:
anademe a la lista por fav!
Reply 17
kellywood_5
Oh good, at least I can do the immediate future then :smile: I haven't learnt the proper one yet. Lol, I wasn't worried about getting it wrong because my Spanish is so limited at the moment that I'm bound to get many things wrong!

Proper one's easy too. For an -ar verb, keep it in the infinitive, and add an e (with an accent) on the end. Simple as.
Reply 18
This is now an official Society!! So if you want to join you need to go to the Socs tab at the top of the screen, look up La Sociedad Española and request to join:smile:
Anyways I've put the Society here because I figured that most language people use this Foreign Language thread more than the other one.
Good to see so many people wanting to do Spanish at uni:biggrin:

NB will update the members list once I receive your membership requests!
Also Brimstone you'll need to send a request too, I know you're already in the list but that was pre official Society status!
brimstone
Proper one's easy too. For an -ar verb, keep it in the infinitive, and add an e (with an accent) on the end. Simple as.

Muchas gracias! I'm glad it's nice and easy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending