The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

HULL HULL HULL - Sub Forum

Poll

Should Hull Have A Sub Forum??

Well basically we need a sub-forum for hull... we dont have one and its making me cry.

Seriously there are so many posts about hull uni, we really need a sub-forum!!!

If we get enough people in here saying they want one, then maybe, just maybe the mods will give us one!!! but who knows... we can only try!!

Robcampo
We need 10 people at least to post and vote, saying they go, or are going to hull uni, it also helps if you have more then 100 posts, as you are then considered an active user, according to the mods....!

post away hull uni go-ers
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I've voted!
I'm going this year!

xx
Reply 3
Ouh, I Forgot To Add, Please Post, and just say you would liek to be taken into consideration (just incase the mods want to ask anyone)
Also, Write Down What You Have Chosen To Do, and where you are staying!!!
Come on hull!
Reply 5
Get a list of 10 active users who go to Hull and take it to Ask a mod forum, I have seen quite a few people from Hull so it shouldn't be too hard.
Reply 6
Hull should definitely be given its own student forum, I visited the University yesterday and was impressed at the vast amount of facilities they have for their students. The people and students were all so very friendly and accommodating and really pleasing to see that they genuinely had enjoyed studying there.

The library and sports facilities and Students Union were certainly one of the best I've seen and the lush green beautiful campus and fresh air and serene landscapes gave the impression that one can really relax and enjoy life there.

I was a bit apprehensive at first, coming all the way from London and haven't had much experience of northern cities, however, upon arriving all my fears vanished as I was greeted by such welcoming and friendly people.

I was upset when I got my A level results of BCC in Biology, Maths, and Chemistry, although I worked hard I really hadn't enjoyed the sciences especially in the A2 year. I'd thought about doing an arts subject or a social science such as Criminology and had considered applying to Hull. Hence, I was delighted to see they still had places on results day and upon speaking to the some of the lecturers on the phone I finally decided to accept Law with Criminology LLB. No doubt, it’s a hard degree and I'll have to work my socks off, but I am now really looking forward to starting there.

We also had time to visit the city centre, and there was much development taking place, the prince quay shopping centre and all the big brand shops and latest fashion. From my visit, I can really see students having a great time there and I am looking forward to meeting all you lovely people going there in Sept :smile:

Haven’t had my accommodation confirmed yet but I’ve applied to all the self catering halls at the Lawns so fingers crossed.

Yeh so give HULL a Student Forum they really deserve it! =]
looks like your efforts paid off !
Reply 8
We Finally Did It Hurricane!!!! YEY!! Hull Uni Has Suddenly Become SO SO Much Better...

*shakes Hand*

Robcampo
Reply 9
Hey guys well done for putting Uni of Hull on the TSR map :smile:

You guys will go down in History..can I have your autographs now :wink:

Less than a month to go arrgh so many things to pack and sort out lol !! can't wait tho :smile:
Reply 10
Hullaw
Hull should definitely be given its own student forum, I visited the University yesterday and was impressed at the vast amount of facilities they have for their students. The people and students were all so very friendly and accommodating and really pleasing to see that they genuinely had enjoyed studying there.

The library and sports facilities and Students Union were certainly one of the best I've seen and the lush green beautiful campus and fresh air and serene landscapes gave the impression that one can really relax and enjoy life there.

I was a bit apprehensive at first, coming all the way from London and haven't had much experience of northern cities, however, upon arriving all my fears vanished as I was greeted by such welcoming and friendly people.

I was upset when I got my A level results of BCC in Biology, Maths, and Chemistry, although I worked hard I really hadn't enjoyed the sciences especially in the A2 year. I'd thought about doing an arts subject or a social science such as Criminology and had considered applying to Hull. Hence, I was delighted to see they still had places on results day and upon speaking to the some of the lecturers on the phone I finally decided to accept Law with Criminology LLB. No doubt, it’s a hard degree and I'll have to work my socks off, but I am now really looking forward to starting there.

We also had time to visit the city centre, and there was much development taking place, the prince quay shopping centre and all the big brand shops and latest fashion. From my visit, I can really see students having a great time there and I am looking forward to meeting all you lovely people going there in Sept :smile:

Haven’t had my accommodation confirmed yet but I’ve applied to all the self catering halls at the Lawns so fingers crossed.

Yeh so give HULL a Student Forum they really deserve it! =]

What students? It's Summer Vacation
Reply 11
They had some students, and graduates over who did the campus tours and answered any questions we had, plus there were lots of ppl about studying in library so assumed they were students too.
Reply 12
i voted :smile: although you did mention we should post if we have over 100 current posts. but i intend on reaching this soon and becomming an active member.
hope to see everyone at Hull although i won't recognise you, just shout your student room username, you will see someone running over.
Original post by Lango
i voted :smile: although you did mention we should post if we have over 100 current posts. but i intend on reaching this soon and becomming an active member.
hope to see everyone at Hull although i won't recognise you, just shout your student room username, you will see someone running over.

Dude. This thread is from 2006. Hull already has its own sub-forum. I'm pretty sure most of these people have already graduated! :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by SchadenfreudeDude
Dude. This thread is from 2006. Hull already has its own sub-forum. I'm pretty sure most of these people have already graduated! :tongue:

i'm a professor from hull university sent into the future from 2006 to post again as something might distrupt the space time continuum.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hull accommodation. One room available for rent. £60 pw, in a nice and well decorated house. If you would like more details please ask me.

Quick Reply

Latest