The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Hi guys. So I saw there was no geog thread for AS geog so I made one Feel free to ask questions and post whatever you like here as long as it is related to geog
And thought I'd let everyone know, I will be posting my notes on TSR throughout the year for the topics that I will be learning this year which are as follows:
Rivers, Floods and Management
Cold Environments
Population Change
Health Issues

Scroll to see replies

This sounds like a great idea :h:
I've got Population, Health, Water on the Land and Cold Environments
Can't see any other threads for AS AQA Geog so will add to this one! Doing exactly the same topics and have analysed all questions since 2009 to identify patterns/predictions- realise not always spot on but has been useful in past years. So as a start off:

Water on land predictions: Effects of flooding 15 marker with potentially some sort of rejuvenation question.
Population- Ageing population. population structure on resource allocation , or (wide ball) population policies and sustainability.

... any thoughts?
Original post by Morgie James
Can't see any other threads for AS AQA Geog so will add to this one! Doing exactly the same topics and have analysed all questions since 2009 to identify patterns/predictions- realise not always spot on but has been useful in past years. So as a start off:

Water on land predictions: Effects of flooding 15 marker with potentially some sort of rejuvenation question.
Population- Ageing population. population structure on resource allocation , or (wide ball) population policies and sustainability.

... any thoughts?

I though there could be a youthful population 15 marker (eg. The Gambia), and for Health, I though a 'disease of affluence'. Not sure what to think really, isn't it the last year of the old specification?
Thought the same about disease of affluence for health- learning my obsesity case study thoroughly!

Know nothing about future change- but I am wanting to do geog next year.
There has been a rumour that there is a 6/10/15 mark question on rejuvenation of some sorts for rivers section. Triangular graphs are also supposed to be coming up on the Skills paper too apparently!

This may help for case studies, at least 20 on the document... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/252380941352?

Thank you- I have just bought those notes from Ebay- just to supplement the ones I have.. I agree- rejuvenation is likely- fingers crossed!
Has anyone got notes and facts on implications of youthful pop for Gambia as haven't got many any would be appreciated .
I heard about the triangular graphs too, they haven't been included since the start of the specification I think.
Original post by GeorgeCarlisle
Has anyone got notes and facts on implications of youthful pop for Gambia as haven't got many any would be appreciated .

The Gambia:
Smallest African mainland country, 95% Islam
Average of 7 children per woman.
Life expectancy of 55 years.
Population estimated to double in 28 years.
Infant mortality of 37 per 1000 of the population.

93.5% dependency ratio
22% population unemployed
Schools adopted a two shift policy
One third of under 14 year olds work
Desertification of forests

NGO Futures delivers contraception subsidised by the World Health Organisation - population growth rate dropped from 4.2% to 3.0%.
Concern Universal provides development in isolated communities - helps to train midwives.
GambiaHELP improves primary education, sanitation eg. by constructing wells and providing funds for repairs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Any predictions for cold environments 15 markers ? The landforms are a pain in the ass
Hi guys, what are the predictions for the 15 markers on Health, Population, rivers/floods/management, hot desert environments?
Reply 14
Hey,

Is there any predictions for Rivers 15 marker. Energy 15 marker and Coasts 15 marker?
:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hiya! I put this in the A Level exam thread directory (which you can find here) use it to find discussions about your other exams :smile: Let me know if I've missed one out or if you make a discussion thread yourself! :parrot:
Hi can you post the notes please?
Original post by OliwierEB
I've got Population, Health, Water on the Land and Cold Environments

any notes?
any further predictions/notes for rivers, coasts, food or population?
Original post by TigWood
Hey,

Is there any predictions for Rivers 15 marker. Energy 15 marker and Coasts 15 marker?
:smile:

One of the two may be a soft v hard engineering / case study on either hard / soft.

So flood defences or costal defences. It seems reasonably likely that this will turn up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending