The Student Room Group

A-level Insight days 2016

:badger::badger:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone applied for any of these yet? If so, have you heard back, and when are you likely to hear back?
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Thought there should be a thread for all Year 12/Year 13/Gap years interested in Insight days for IB's.

Cheers bro, just increase the competition :wink:

Applied to HSBC, MS, BAML (rejected), Nomura (rejected). Need to apply to JPM and CS. Got accepted to and did RBS last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman
Cheers bro, just increase the competition :wink:

Applied to HSBC, MS, BAML (rejected), Nomura (rejected). Need to apply to JPM and CS. Got accepted to and did RBS last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice man, I heard RBS is probs the most useful one as you could get fast tracked to an interview for their spring week.

I applied for Nomura but got rejected, though I heard that's super competitve, hopefully if I get one or two of these I will be super happy!!

Was the RBS application difficult?
Nice man, I heard RBS is probs the most useful one as you could get fast tracked to an interview for their spring week.

I applied for Nomura but got rejected, though I heard that's super competitve, hopefully if I get one or two of these I will be super happy!!

Was the RBS application difficult?

Yeah, got fast tracked but turned it down in the end because the only one available was for back office. They said they were working on how many FO roles they'd have by 2017-2018, might not be the case this year!

Unlucky! Knew a few people who go through, seemed like the drew from a fairly high caliber of student.

Not by itself no, but the tests were somewhat stressful. You have to do a SJT (situational judgement test, basically given a scenario how would you react etc), a numerical reasoning and a logical reasoning test. The latter 2 are by far the hardest because their test provider (TalentQ) is known for being the most tedious. Your scores on all three will determine whether you'd be considered for FO or not, so best to do well.

Other than that, there wasn't much else except for uni offers/grades/location preferences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, got fast tracked but turned it down in the end because the only one available was for back office. They said they were working on how many FO roles they'd have by 2017-2018, might not be the case this year!

Unlucky! Knew a few people who go through, seemed like the drew from a fairly high caliber of student.

Not by itself no, but the tests were somewhat stressful. You have to do a SJT (situational judgement test, basically given a scenario how would you react etc), a numerical reasoning and a logical reasoning test. The latter 2 are by far the hardest because their test provider (TalentQ) is known for being the most tedious. Your scores on all three will determine whether you'd be considered for FO or not, so best to do well.

Other than that, there wasn't much else except for uni offers/grades/location preferences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So did anyone get fast tracked for FO? Also for HSBC's programme do you have to be eligible for free school meals to apply, or can anyone apply?
So did anyone get fast tracked for FO? Also for HSBC's programme do you have to be eligible for free school meals to apply, or can anyone apply?

In prior years, yes, people who did the career insight programme got FO SW fast tracks but this year everyone was given back office at their Edinburgh location.

HSBC don't ask at all. Just a CV.

CS also fast tracks btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
In prior years, yes, people who did the career insight programme got FO SW fast tracks but this year everyone was given back office at their Edinburgh location.

HSBC don't ask at all. Just a CV.

CS also fast tracks btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhhh, is there a different insight day for HSBC other than the Inspiring potential one, as that says you must be eligible for free school meals?
Ahhhh, is there a different insight day for HSBC other than the Inspiring potential one, as that says you must be eligible for free school meals?

Well, I applied and there's literally no mention of free school meals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I applied and there's literally no mention of free school meals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.hsbc.com/careers/events/events-information#160725-inspiring-potential-insight-day

What I'm saying is, on the application itself, there is no mention of free school meals (i.e. a yes or no question) nor a verification method to fill in to check that you're on free school meals. I'm pretty sure I've read the outline of the programme before, but I'm talking about AFTER you get into the application portal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What I'm saying is, on the application itself, there is no mention of free school meals (i.e. a yes or no question) nor a verification method to fill in to check that you're on free school meals. I'm pretty sure I've read the outline of the programme before, but I'm talking about AFTER you get into the application portal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK, I will apply then too.

Do you think most people who apply to these programmes will have prior experience in finance in general, as I haven't got any!
lol and people wonder why these insight days are so competitive
Original post by Daniel9998
lol and people wonder why these insight days are so competitive

Ikr?! Legit, TSR is probably the saving grace for these programs at banks..

Posted from TSR Mobile
OK, I will apply then too.

Do you think most people who apply to these programmes will have prior experience in finance in general, as I haven't got any!

Dunno bro, can't predict who'll apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dunno bro, can't predict who'll apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm F****d
I'm F****d

Meh, just give it a punt. Not much to lose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm F****d

The only thing that is certain is that if you don't apply you can't get it!
I'm F****d
Always worth applying as even if you don't get anything you'll still have the actual experience of applying which will make you better prepared when it comes to doing the same for spring weeks.
Reply 19
Thought there should be a thread for all Year 12/Year 13/Gap years interested in Insight days for IB's.

SJ

Can I apply now for any insight day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest