The Student Room Group

Edexcel English Literature AS 2016 Poetry and Drama Exam

hey guys if you had any resources or any advice I would be really grateful ^-^
good luck!
btw i am doing a streetcar named desire
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

There is an amazing man who goes through all of the poems on YouTube, just type the names of the poems and he'll come up straight away for poetry!! And I'm doing streetcar too, as for revision I'm just trying to do a couple practise essays and using the lit charts to revise the themes they have come up with and trying to link in some context, Good luck!!
Original post by hello1404
hey guys if you had any resources or any advice I would be really grateful ^-^
good luck!
btw i am doing a streetcar named desire

Here is something i wrote on a separate thread that may be of some help:
William's uses Blanche as a mouthpiece as both of them are mentally ill, love men and enjoy indulging in sexual desires. Williams' sexual exploration was a form of escapism, just like Blanche, and allowed him to ignore the fact that although he was a great play write...he was a homosexual man in America and would never truly be accepted at the time. This is also the case for Blanche as she was a promiscuous woman who longed to be loved and respected but she could not be because she was not a Southern Belle. She tried to move away and change, the same way that Williams tried to move away and change his name but alas moving away was a not effective as it was both ended in their downfalls.If you also want to get a few AO3 contextual knowledge facts, you could refer to a few of his other books such as the Glass Menagerie where Laura was a mentally fragile young lady and she meets Jim, a heterosexual man who leads her on but is already married. You could also link it to Cat on a Hot Tin Roof where Maggie is also a fragile and insecure woman married to Brick, the American dream, who is also secretly gay. Stanley, Jim and Brick are all heterosexual men who have messed up women and all of the women are mentally ill. this is why the play is seen as being critical of heterosexual men.I really hope this helped. Good Luck for tomorrow.
Reply 4
Thankyou so much :smile:
Original post by Sierra Beckx
Here is something i wrote on a separate thread that may be of some help:
William's uses Blanche as a mouthpiece as both of them are mentally ill, love men and enjoy indulging in sexual desires. Williams' sexual exploration was a form of escapism, just like Blanche, and allowed him to ignore the fact that although he was a great play write...he was a homosexual man in America and would never truly be accepted at the time. This is also the case for Blanche as she was a promiscuous woman who longed to be loved and respected but she could not be because she was not a Southern Belle. She tried to move away and change, the same way that Williams tried to move away and change his name but alas moving away was a not effective as it was both ended in their downfalls.If you also want to get a few AO3 contextual knowledge facts, you could refer to a few of his other books such as the Glass Menagerie where Laura was a mentally fragile young lady and she meets Jim, a heterosexual man who leads her on but is already married. You could also link it to Cat on a Hot Tin Roof where Maggie is also a fragile and insecure woman married to Brick, the American dream, who is also secretly gay. Stanley, Jim and Brick are all heterosexual men who have messed up women and all of the women are mentally ill. this is why the play is seen as being critical of heterosexual men.I really hope this helped. Good Luck for tomorrow.
So how did the exam go in your opinion. I also did the same exam
Reply 6
Original post by TheKnight27
So how did the exam go in your opinion. I also did the same exam

I think it was pretty straightforward, I did deliverer and giuseppe but I don't think that went well I didn't compare enough language devices :frown: I did Faustus for drama and I think it went well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending