The Student Room Group

Help me please :')

Hi all!
I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with. To summarise, I have always been interested in studying Accounting and Finance at uni. I have 2 main options I could go with here:

Accounting and finance at Durham University OR an online A+F degree from the University of London (directed by LSE) - ( the EMFSS programme).

To be honest, the second option sounds just too good to be true, as all the A+F courses in London require me to have studied A-level maths, which I have not nor intend to do. This particular degree does not require A-level maths and I'm wondering if there's a catch I'm not aware of. I really don't want to leave London for Uni but since all the courses require me to move, I don't have a choice. This of course is not applicable to the EMFSS programme and is the only loophole I could find to staying in London (without A-level maths).

However, I have a few questions regarding the EMFSS programme (Bsc Accounting and Finance):

1) Which degree would be more reputable, the Durham degree or the University of London degree? I ideally want to complete the degree with the best academic reputation.

2) Since the University of London is not actually a University, what University would I have gone to if I completed that degree?

3) What are the annual tuition fees like? Their website wasn't specific.

4) What would the degree certificate look like and how would it differ from an LSE certificate? Would it be looked down upon?

Thank you for reading my post and have a nice day :smile:
Original post by amanda23
Hi all!
I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with. To summarise, I have always been interested in studying Accounting and Finance at uni. I have 2 main options I could go with here:

Accounting and finance at Durham University OR an online A+F degree from the University of London (directed by LSE) - ( the EMFSS programme).

To be honest, the second option sounds just too good to be true, as all the A+F courses in London require me to have studied A-level maths, which I have not nor intend to do. This particular degree does not require A-level maths and I'm wondering if there's a catch I'm not aware of. I really don't want to leave London for Uni but since all the courses require me to move, I don't have a choice. This of course is not applicable to the EMFSS programme and is the only loophole I could find to staying in London (without A-level maths).

However, I have a few questions regarding the EMFSS programme (Bsc Accounting and Finance):

1) Which degree would be more reputable, the Durham degree or the University of London degree? I ideally want to complete the degree with the best academic reputation.

2) Since the University of London is not actually a University, what University would I have gone to if I completed that degree?

3) What are the annual tuition fees like? Their website wasn't specific.

4) What would the degree certificate look like and how would it differ from an LSE certificate? Would it be looked down upon?

Thank you for reading my post and have a nice day :smile:

What is more important to you - staying in London or perceived reputation?
I do not know much about uni of London but you will have a recognised degree at the end of it. The main thing is to do the best you can as with a first or a second, you can go on to do a masters, maybe at your aspirational uni?
I think you should email them, visit them and ask your questions re fees and certificate.

Quick Reply

Latest