The Student Room Group

My Dad gave away some of my Marvel merch as its "For Kids" and I am fuming

I'm really angry about this and I don't know how to move forward.

So I am bit of a nerd and I enjoy Marvel and DC and I dabbled into collecting pop vinyl's since the start of COVID. I have a good mix of things from lights to clothes to comics and posters etc.

Lately I have been getting throw away comments when I have gone to buy a comic my dad will say "But that's for kids" and I'm like, No... Its for Adults too. Its embarrassed me and put me off buying it.

So I have had a clean-up and tidy at home today so a bit of my stuff was in the hallway including my DC and Marvel stuff.

I head out and I see my dad GIVE AWAY a couple of my brand new still sealed Marvel themed tote bags to his partner to give to her daughters son, who is 3.

I was livid and said SHOULDNT YOU ASK ME FIRST BEFORE STEALING MY F***ING THINGS and it really got into a mini argument so I said bloody take it then and its caused a huge rift.

My stuff is my stuff and I had a use for my brand new totes to store my merch in. A 3 year old is not going to even appreciate what it is, and will be wrecked in a few weeks.

I am livid at the pure disrespect over my things, nobody else would like it if I did that started giving their things away like that. and it puts me into a very awkward position.

I really feel like just taking it back now and not settling for this as its just not right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending