The Student Room Group

Is 5 Rejections likely?

I'm doing a gap year and just achieved A*A*A(Maths, Psych, Geog) respectively. Doing FM in my gap year, as well as any admissions tests that each Uni will want.

I'm planning on applying to (Financial for LSE) Maths and/with Stats for each course.

GCSEs - 877666555

I'm thinking:
LSE - A*AA - A FM
Imperial - A*A*A - A* FM
UCL - A*A*A - A* FM
Warwick - A*A*A/A*A*A* - A* FM, decent admissions test score
KCL - AAB - A FM [Contextual]

Is this asking for 5 rejections? Tbh, I don't expect any offer from the Top 3. Just hoping for at least 1 of Warwick/KCL.
What did you get for English gcse?

I ask as you stand a good chance with warwick but they do like a good English gcse
Original post by Johnny Valentine
What did you get for English gcse?

I ask as you stand a good chance with warwick but they do like a good English gcse

Should've mentioned tbh, I'll be resitting. I got a 5.
Yeah, you may struggle

But, hey, nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

If you do get rejected by all you get to go through UCAS extra so not all lost. I say “if it’s your dream then go for it otherwise you will always wonder”
Yeah, you may struggle

But, hey, nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

If you do get rejected by all you get to go through UCAS extra so not all lost. I say “if it’s your dream then go for it otherwise you will always wonder”

Yep, I think that's my thinking. Last year there was so many Maths courses in Extra that I could've easily picked one up there.

That said, do you think it's even worth a shot with LSE, or just better off swapping that out for a more sensible choice?
Your choices are very London centric so it sounds like that’s what you want.

Have you visited each place and do they feel “right” to you?

Lets face it, for your A levels you have some top grades and have achieved them (those grades are “facts” whereas you will be up against people with predicted grades or “guesses”) and so yours will be a strong application.

If you are concerned, why not pop along to their open day and ask them?
Your choices are very London centric so it sounds like that’s what you want.

Have you visited each place and do they feel “right” to you?

Lets face it, for your A levels you have some top grades and have achieved them (those grades are “facts” whereas you will be up against people with predicted grades or “guesses”) and so yours will be a strong application.

If you are concerned, why not pop along to their open day and ask them?

Yeah, definitely. I'd be pretty delighted if I got any of the London unis, the dream really. But, Warwick was very, very nice when I had a look around too, so it'd be a very good compromise also.

With regards to the open day, that's a great shout, thanks. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that really, but I've not been to Imperial/LSE yet either so it's not a bad idea to have a look around.
Reply 7
Original post by AnotherStudent!
I'm doing a gap year and just achieved A*A*A(Maths, Psych, Geog) respectively. Doing FM in my gap year, as well as any admissions tests that each Uni will want.

I'm planning on applying to (Financial for LSE) Maths and/with Stats for each course.

GCSEs - 877666555

I'm thinking:
LSE - A*AA - A FM
Imperial - A*A*A - A* FM
UCL - A*A*A - A* FM
Warwick - A*A*A/A*A*A* - A* FM, decent admissions test score
KCL - AAB - A FM [Contextual]

Is this asking for 5 rejections? Tbh, I don't expect any offer from the Top 3. Just hoping for at least 1 of Warwick/KCL.

hey, i'm applying to the same uni's as you for econ except imperial
i got achieved aaab , in maths, econ, bio, fm
i got a rejection from kcl today, i literally applied like 2/3 weeks ago so that was an insanely quick response, im praying that i get ucl as its my dream uni. i also have one free space to pick another uni but idk what london uni i'd actually want to go to

Quick Reply

Latest