AS/A Level Chemistry Study Group 2023/2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by reubenn05
hi, i'm reuben !!
doing aqa
just started year 13
confident with bonding and inorganic
struggling with some bits of organic - specifically optical isomerism and skeletal formulae

Hi!! I am Rayaan! I actually completed my A Levels and achieved an A* in Chemistry! I am actually offering tuition and I have very high level notes for the whole course. Let me know if you're interested!
Reply 81
Original post by kittenworshipper
Omg hii!! Which storyline is your fav? I'm personally a sucker for WM if i'm honest.

I do love WM but my fav has to be OZ!! I found it really interesting. Let me know if you ever want to revise together!! :smile:
Original post by TypicalNerd
Welcome to the AS/A-Level Chemistry Study Group.

Use this thread to chat to other students taking chemistry as you prepare for your AS/A-level exams this summer.

Perhaps, start off by answering a few icebreaker questions:

Which exam board are you with?

Are you in Year 12 or Year 13?

What part(s) of the course are you most confident with?

What part(s) of the course are you struggling with?

Wishing you all the best with AS/A-Level chemistry!

I am doing AQA, I am in year 13. I really enjoy organic chemistry but i am not very strong on the physical side. From my mocks i have established I am struggling on born haber cycles and Hess’s law!
Trying my best to be confident on all of it but very scared for the exams its getting so close :,)
Reply 83
Original post by RayAnw05
Hi!! I am Rayaan! I actually completed my A Levels and achieved an A* in Chemistry! I am actually offering tuition and I have very high level notes for the whole course. Let me know if you're interested!

Hi!!
I’m in year 12 and i would love some help!!
Reply 84
SPECIFICATIONS:

AQA

Edexcel

Eduqas

OCR

WJEC

Hello, I'm in year 12. I'm doing Cambridge 9701 A and As level. Just started
Hello Chemistry students! :yeah: Just dropping in to let you know we have a new project launching next week to help you with your revision. TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities! It's going to be a fun and social way to stay on track and you can find out how it works here. Come along and help rep STEM! :biggrin:
Reply 86
Hi all!

I achieved an A* in Chemistry A-level last year, with 96/100 on Paper 2! I am now currently studying towards a Masters in Chemistry.

I’m offering private 1-1 online tuition sessions, with resources that helped me achieve my grade.

Feel free to message me if you have any further inquiries ☺️

Use this thread to chat to other students taking chemistry as you prepare for your AS/A-level exams this summer.

AQA
Year 12
Most confident with organic chemistry and reaction mechanisms - which I know is weird cause many ppl hate it
Struggling with redox equations and Inorganic chemistry

Hi,!I'm currently in year 12. My exam board is CAIE.I am struggling with organic chemistry.
Reply 89

Hi I’m currently in year 12 doing AQA chemistry, organic is my fav so far but apparently it gets so hard next year, not a huge fan of rates of reaction at the moment but hoping that changes!
Original post by lola028
Hi I’m currently in year 12 doing AQA chemistry, organic is my fav so far but apparently it gets so hard next year, not a huge fan of rates of reaction at the moment but hoping that changes!

How are you finding the topic of rates of reactions now? :smile:
Reply 91

Hello,

I'm in year 12 doing AQA A Level Chemistry

Pretty confident with Atomic Bonding and Structure.
Nomenclature and naming structures is pretty tricky as well as the mechanisms and shapes of molecules.
Reply 92
Original post by username6129486
AQA
Year 12
Most confident with organic chemistry and reaction mechanisms - which I know is weird cause many ppl hate it
Struggling with redox equations and Inorganic chemistry
Have you got any good resources for learning the reaction mechanisms?
Original post by AK_007
Hello,
I'm in year 12 doing AQA A Level Chemistry
Pretty confident with Atomic Bonding and Structure.
Nomenclature and naming structures is pretty tricky as well as the mechanisms and shapes of molecules.
You'll get the hang of nomenclature and naming structures as you learn more content throughout the year.

The mechanisms are generally perceived as difficult, I find. What do you specifically find difficult?
(edited 1 month ago)

im with ocr, im in year 12, im really lost with organic chemistry
Reply 95
Hi yr13 diing AQA A level chem

I’m really struggling with electrochemistry does anyone have any good resources or advice please :smile:
Original post by panda41
Hi yr13 diing AQA A level chem
I’m really struggling with electrochemistry does anyone have any good resources or advice please :smile:

chemrevise is good, are there any specific areas of electrochemistry that you’re struggling with? i do aqa chem asw

edexcel a level, year 12, calculations, everything else
Reply 98
Original post by reubenn05
chemrevise is good, are there any specific areas of electrochemistry that you’re struggling with? i do aqa chem asw

i understand the content in the revision guide but then the hard exam Qs just baffle me like they make no sense
Original post by panda41
i understand the content in the revision guide but then the hard exam Qs just baffle me like they make no sense

Yes that is so common for me too! But once you think you understand just the basics of a topic go straight to exam Qs, try the question first then go through the mark scheme to understand the thought process of how its done. Physics and Maths tutor does really good ones and has loads for every topic: https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/chemistry-revision/a-level-aqa/
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest