The Student Room Group

The Student Room rebrand

Since the launch of The Student Room more than two decades ago, we have welcomed millions of students seeking assistance with their education, life, and future careers. Throughout this period, both the higher education landscape and the student community have undergone significant transformations. However, our core mission has remained unwavering: to provide a safe and welcoming space where students can receive genuine advice and support from an online student community.

While our mission has persevered, our brand has stayed largely unchanged for the past decade. Unlike our audience, which evolved and modernised, we risked becoming outdated. After listening to previous feedback and making a few changes....

At the start of this new academic year, The Student Room presents a brand new look!

We’ve been working behind the scenes carrying out a huge amount of research, internal workshops, focus groups and user testing to gather feedback at all stages of the creative design process. Now we’re excited to be re-launching The Student Room in autumn/winter 2023 with a new brand identity.

This brand identity means a brand new logo, a change in the colourscheme and a move towards illustrations in our imagery rather than stock photography.

This new brand identity alongside the improvements and developments we are making to the site experience on thread pages, search, site functionality and our big mystery project (more on that soon ) means there are going to be some big changes this academic year for The Student Room and we can't wait to share more soon!

Today, in letting you know, is just the first step in our rebrand and we’ll be continuing to roll this out on site over the next few months. Below is a few images so you can get a feel for the changes that are going to be coming.

I'm so excited about the future of The Student Room, this is just the start!

EH
TSRLOGO.PNG
The new logo is qwhite interesting. I know it's supposed to be a stylised S but with the negative spaces it becomes something rather different...
Reply 3
Like the new branding, but do people really get paid to write that sort of stuff about colours? 😂

I’ll give it a go

“Red is the colour of kettlebells, llamas and fabrication, it’s bold imposing nature giving a feeling of power and yet, also discombobulation”

How much can I get paid for this 😂
Original post by moonkatt
Like the new branding, but do people really get paid to write that sort of stuff about colours? 😂

I’ll give it a go

“Red is the colour of kettlebells, llamas and fabrication, it’s bold imposing nature giving a feeling of power and yet, also discombobulation”

How much can I get paid for this 😂

When can you start?
It'll be a nice change actually, sick to death of the bloo tbh. Was planning to leave this site permanently by the end of this year but might stick around a little longer to see all the established changes.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
It'll be a nice change actually, sick to death of the bloo tbh. Was planning to leave this site permanently by the end of this year but might stick around a little longer to see all the established changes.

That's great to hear :smile: It is a exciting time full of quite a few big changes but we think they are greatly needed! Hope you like what's to come.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 7
First, they take away the blob merch. Second, they are now taking away the blob itself from the site.

(RIP to the blob sinking ship when the site breaks. Best bloody thing about this place. You will be missed.)
Reply 8
The logo is definitely a striking design.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending