The Student Room Group

Questions or interviews.

What sort of questions are you asked at interview when applying for university to study psychology
Hi @Carolyn.Knott

Congratulations on getting an interview!

I did not apply for Psychology, however, I applied for an undergrad in Education. So I have some experience that may be handy when it comes to interviews.

Firstly, they will definitely ask you about what you have written in your personal statement so make sure you have a good read of that before your interview.

Have a good idea of what your future looks like. What are your career goals? What do you want to achieve? How will this degree help you achieve your career aspirations?

Expect to be asked why you chose Psychology over other undergrads. Have you considered any other courses and then come to the conclusion that psychology was the one for you?

Finally, Psychology is a very popular and difficult subject. Why should they choose you? How are you going to cope with the workload? Can you demonstrate a time when you were able to successfully balance your workload?

Hopefully, this is a good starting place!

Good luck:smile:

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep
Original post by Carolyn.Knott
What sort of questions are you asked at interview when applying for university to study psychology

Hmmm, hopefully somebody who sat a psychology interview can answer but I'd just like to point out that only a select few universities still use interviews for psychology (only Oxford and Cambridge pops to mind), so unless you applied to those you will most likely not be sitting interviews. However, if you do end up at an interview, the BCU course rep gave some good advice. I'd also advise to have a general grasp of all the main areas of psychology and be ready to work through some sort of problem/try to be able to explain something you might be unfamiliar with.

Quick Reply

Latest