The Student Room Group

Female British Pakistani interested in marriage, but concerned

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moshistarr
i wanna get married whose up for it hit me up

mmmm yes papa
Original post by AlphaSoldier
Don’t worry, I’m a male and unmarried yet as I’ve been too career focused. I’ve just started looking for a wife as I don’t want to delay it too much. I had potential girls who were interested but they weren’t my type, I’m looking for someone who is religious, InshaAllah all goes well for you. Just keep making dua and make effort and I’m sure you’ll find someone good!

How have you gone about it if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by Anonymous
Salaam :smile: I hope you are well.
I am a 22 year old british pakistani living in London. I have recently graduated with my biomedical sciences degree with a year abroad this summer. I am an aspiring medic and have just sent in a graduate entry medicine application for 2024 entry (4 year course). The application was a last minute rushed move as I had actually planned to apply the next year for some personal reasons (a bit long of a story) but my current circumstances made me think I could still give it a go.
I am currently private tutoring and am set to work as a teaching assistant.
Inshallah the worst case is. I would not get in this year but will enter in the next (2025) inshallah (age 24). I have a passion for medicine so for me, age doesn't matter. I don't count years, i just want to achieve my goals and strive for fulfillment, happiness and Allah's pleasure and mercy.
But at the moment, I am interested in marriage and where i am in life, I believe I am ready for such a committment.
I have been doing well with key traits such as deen, communication, patience, tolerance, good mental health, taking care of myself, others and a home; I know the islamic roles and fardh of a husband and wife and know what I want and don't want.
The only thing these days is, I feel like no man would want to accept a girl who is still in the process of getting into med. I have already come across potentials; I looked away hastily telling myself off "not until I at least get enrolled into med" but even then, would they like it when I am studying medicine living with them.
Note - I do believe a muslim marriage is to be consummated after nikkah, so I wouldn't be interested in signing and then living seperately.
Whilst my husband would be at work, I would be on campus or placement and will use his "away time" as my "extra study time" so I will ensure it doesn't affect our relationship. I just won't be able to work so that means he will have to traditionally (which I am fully for), support me and the home financially.
As for post medicine - I am an extremely family-oriented person so I have thought hard to make the decision that when I finish my medical degree, I will go into part time junior doctor training. That way, I will do what I love YET fulfill my duty as a family member/wife.
I don't want to get married after age 24.
What are the thoughts of any muslim brothers here? would they be okay with this? Or, would it be a case of "thank you, next"
(haha jk lol)
Would like to hear some thoughts and don't worry I won't get offended with any harsh answers.
Jazakallah khayr!

Wasalaam
I’m a brother in the exact same position as you!
Original post by Anonymous
Wasalaam
I’m a brother in the exact same position as you!

Mashallah, that’s nice and comforting to hear, hope all is well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending