The Student Room Group

Has anyone else been offered a place at UoYork for Midwifery?

Hi!! I'm Issy and I got an offer from the University of York a couple weeks back for midwifery and it's my first choice of uni!! Has anyone else been offered a place and is looking to go? I'm the only person at my college who's applied for midwifery so it would be nice to get to know some more prospective midwifery students!!
Original post by isabellachloe16
Hi!! I'm Issy and I got an offer from the University of York a couple weeks back for midwifery and it's my first choice of uni!! Has anyone else been offered a place and is looking to go? I'm the only person at my college who's applied for midwifery so it would be nice to get to know some more prospective midwifery students!!

Hiya Issy - I’ve been offered a place at York too! I’m not 100% if I’ll chose it as my firm option yet as i’ve also for a place a Hallam but it’s looking very likely! When I was applying last year in college I was one of 2 students, so it’s fab to find someone who’ll be on the course in september🫶🏻
Original post by kaseychristine
Hiya Issy - I’ve been offered a place at York too! I’m not 100% if I’ll chose it as my firm option yet as i’ve also for a place a Hallam but it’s looking very likely! When I was applying last year in college I was one of 2 students, so it’s fab to find someone who’ll be on the course in september🫶🏻

Hi!!! That's absolutely amazing!! I'm glad to have met someone who's also applied!! Aww I hope to see you in September!! If not best of look at Hallam 🩷
Hi!!! That's absolutely amazing!! I'm glad to have met someone who's also applied!! Aww I hope to see you in September!! If not best of look at Hallam 🩷

At this point it’s very likely! York has always been my top choice uni and the only think making me consider hallam is the money as I would commute there.
Are you going to be applying for halls and placement wise will you be using public transport or do you plan to drive?
Sorry for 21 questions 🫣, i’ve been thinking it over a lot in the past couple days and wouldn’t mind comparing plans for when we start🫶🏻
At this point it’s very likely! York has always been my top choice uni and the only think making me consider hallam is the money as I would commute there.
Are you going to be applying for halls and placement wise will you be using public transport or do you plan to drive?
Sorry for 21 questions 🫣, i’ve been thinking it over a lot in the past couple days and wouldn’t mind comparing plans for when we start🫶🏻

I've applied for halls at York as I've now firmed York as my first choice!!! I'm hoping to be driving by then but I may be for the first bit of term be on public transport depending on if I can get a test in time!!! What about you?! Also don't worry I'm happy to answer questions!!! 🫶
I've applied for halls at York as I've now firmed York as my first choice!!! I'm hoping to be driving by then but I may be for the first bit of term be on public transport depending on if I can get a test in time!!! What about you?! Also don't worry I'm happy to answer questions!!! 🫶

Definitely going to be applying for halls! One of my close friends goes to York and lives with someone on the midwifery course so i’m going to get her to put me in contact to ask her for some insider tips, i’ll share on here when if I get anything useful🫶🏻
I’ve got my license but haven’t got a car yet! I’m hoping to save a bit more money before buying a half decent car that should last my a good few years.
If you’ve already applied for halls then is it safe to presume you’ve already gone to submit for your loans??? If you have and in case you don’t know, you can also apply for a grant where you can get up to 5000, it’s open to all of us doing health courses!
I’m going to an applicant day on the 28th of April at Hallam to see if that’ll swing me to their side, but if not i’m so excited to start with you in September!
If you want to ask me any questions about uni or anything feel free also🫶🏻
Definitely going to be applying for halls! One of my close friends goes to York and lives with someone on the midwifery course so i’m going to get her to put me in contact to ask her for some insider tips, i’ll share on here when if I get anything useful🫶🏻
I’ve got my license but haven’t got a car yet! I’m hoping to save a bit more money before buying a half decent car that should last my a good few years.
If you’ve already applied for halls then is it safe to presume you’ve already gone to submit for your loans??? If you have and in case you don’t know, you can also apply for a grant where you can get up to 5000, it’s open to all of us doing health courses!
I’m going to an applicant day on the 28th of April at Hallam to see if that’ll swing me to their side, but if not i’m so excited to start with you in September!
If you want to ask me any questions about uni or anything feel free also🫶🏻

That's amazing!! I've only recently started driving so I am hoping I can pass by the time I start!!!

Yes!! I've applied for the NHS LSF and for Student Finance too! I have an offer holder day for York on the 13th of April if you are going by any chance!! Good luck at Hallam but I hope to start with you in September love!! <3
That's amazing!! I've only recently started driving so I am hoping I can pass by the time I start!!!
Yes!! I've applied for the NHS LSF and for Student Finance too! I have an offer holder day for York on the 13th of April if you are going by any chance!! Good luck at Hallam but I hope to start with you in September love!! <3

Ahhhh good luck for your driving then!! If you haven’t done your theory already I totally recommend getting that done as soon as possible and then booking your test - in my area there was like a 4 month backlog for tests so it was really hard to book in!

I’m not unfortunately, I don’t have one booked yet!!! Definitely update me on how the day goes tho! It’s crazy how we’re 2 of 40 midwifery applicants!!!

Thanks you so much, honestly good luck for all things driving and college if you’re currently studying! If your offer is conditional based on grades then I’m wishing you the best!! I’m currently on a gap year and my offers conditional on showing proof of my GCSE’s!!! Which I thought was totally random over getting proof of my alevels!!!!

Hi lovely! Just wanted to let you know i’ve made york my firm choice and it’s now been confirmed on UCAS that i’ve gotten the place!!

I’ve sorted student finance now which is great but still choosing between accommodation options, I think i’ve whittled it down to 3 but not sure which I’d pick as my preferred. I’m thinking between Anne Lister, Alcuin and maybe Halifax atm, how’d you actually pick yours if i’m okay to ask? Like was there a major factor in it or was like purely a vibe choice - most of my decisions are made from the vibes given off so very much struggling as to what to chose as the ones i’m looking at are all different!

Also, question about the grant because i’ve heard mixed replies, do you have to wait for the student finance to be accepted before you apply for it or as long as you’ve applied for the finance can you then do the loan?

I’m so excited to start in September and actually get back in education which is something that this time last year I was like no👎

Have you been able to find anyone else accepted into York yet?

xx
Hi lovely! Just wanted to let you know i’ve made york my firm choice and it’s now been confirmed on UCAS that i’ve gotten the place!!
I’ve sorted student finance now which is great but still choosing between accommodation options, I think i’ve whittled it down to 3 but not sure which I’d pick as my preferred. I’m thinking between Anne Lister, Alcuin and maybe Halifax atm, how’d you actually pick yours if i’m okay to ask? Like was there a major factor in it or was like purely a vibe choice - most of my decisions are made from the vibes given off so very much struggling as to what to chose as the ones i’m looking at are all different!
Also, question about the grant because i’ve heard mixed replies, do you have to wait for the student finance to be accepted before you apply for it or as long as you’ve applied for the finance can you then do the loan?
I’m so excited to start in September and actually get back in education which is something that this time last year I was like no👎
Have you been able to find anyone else accepted into York yet?
xx

Hi!!!!! Oh my days that's amazing!! I can't wait to see you in September!!!

I chose mine based on the fact I wanted to be on east campus so I had that work/life separation!! I also want en-suite so I chose to only look at them until I had to apply for the 3 shared bathrooms you need to apply for!! You don't have to have your student finance to apply for accommodation, at least it's been fine for me!! I've gone with Kato and Lister mainly because it provided everything I wanted from a room at a more affordable price than the others!!

Are you asking about the NHS Learner Support Fund? If so I applied for that before SFE even opened and all was fine!!!

Aww I can't wait to meet you in September!! I met a couple of other girls doing the course last week at my offer day and today at work I discovered one of my student's parents (I'm a performing arts cover teacher and front of house for a performing arts school) has a daughter who just formed York for midwifery too!! Small world!! Xx
Hi!!!!! Oh my days that's amazing!! I can't wait to see you in September!!!
I chose mine based on the fact I wanted to be on east campus so I had that work/life separation!! I also want en-suite so I chose to only look at them until I had to apply for the 3 shared bathrooms you need to apply for!! You don't have to have your student finance to apply for accommodation, at least it's been fine for me!! I've gone with Kato and Lister mainly because it provided everything I wanted from a room at a more affordable price than the others!!
Are you asking about the NHS Learner Support Fund? If so I applied for that before SFE even opened and all was fine!!!
Aww I can't wait to meet you in September!! I met a couple of other girls doing the course last week at my offer day and today at work I discovered one of my student's parents (I'm a performing arts cover teacher and front of house for a performing arts school) has a daughter who just formed York for midwifery too!! Small world!! Xx

Haha that’s crazy!! Honestly so excited for it and to meet everyone!

I reckon i’d prefer living on the east campus too, but then again I can totally see myself wishing I chose a closer college when I’m having to wake up in the morning 🫣

I totally thought you had to wait for student finance to do the grant so that’s good to know so I can get it out of the way!!

I’m totally up to adding you on fb or insta if you’re up for it, totally don’t mind if not though!

xx
Haha that’s crazy!! Honestly so excited for it and to meet everyone!
I reckon i’d prefer living on the east campus too, but then again I can totally see myself wishing I chose a closer college when I’m having to wake up in the morning 🫣
I totally thought you had to wait for student finance to do the grant so that’s good to know so I can get it out of the way!!
I’m totally up to adding you on fb or insta if you’re up for it, totally don’t mind if not though!
xx

Agahahah I'm a morning person so I don't mind the walk across the campuses!!

I've messaged you privately with my Instagram and about a GC we have going!! I can add you on Facebook too if you want 🩷

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending