The Student Room Group

is 5'3 really bad a guy?

im around 5'3 and im really depressed and insecure about it. i feel no girl will choose to date me or marry me
Original post by Anonymous #1
im around 5'3 and im really depressed and insecure about it. i feel no girl will choose to date me or marry me

No my friend why would a girl judge you on height or to not marry you because of that, there’ll be a girl the same height as you, and there’ll be girls who’s expectations of a guy isn’t based on height definitely something not to worry about :smile:. For example my partner like 5’3 and I’m 6’0 yet that didn’t put us off
(edited 2 months ago)

The late artist Prince was 5'2" and it didn't stop him being popular with the ladies (N.B. Before anyone starts with the "but he's famous" rant, other short celebrities (e.g. Danny DeVito, Joe Pesci etc.) weren't desired anywhere near as much as Prince). However, some would say he had a good looking face, and you cannot deny his talents.

So basically, whilst your height isn't doing you any favours, if you've got other things going for you, then you should be OK. However, I probably wouldn't bother with online dating, as many people seem to have a minimum height deal breaker (e.g. 5'8" or whatever). Still assuming you do have other positive qualities about you (e.g. looks (face / physique), personality, professional status etc.) people will judge you as a whole package and I don't see why you shouldn't find someone eventually.

If you don't get that "instant attraction", then you may need to take a more long-winded networking route and get to know people through various friendship groups. It may take longer, but it gives your personality more of a chance to shine through.

Having said all of the above, in the meantime, I would strongly recommend that you work on your depression and insecruity... as these will almost certainly be off-putting to anyone; regardless of your height (unless she goes by the name of Florence Nightingale). If anything, that in itself, may be more off-putting than your height. I appreciate it's easier said than done, but a more positive outlook will be a massive leg-up in your endeavours. If you think you may actually be depressed (and not just frustrated by your height), it's worth remembering that depression is actually recognised as a genuine medical condition, so you can speak to your GP about getting help for it.
Reply 3

If a girl chooses only to date you on your looks, or height, then they are not the right person for you. You will find the right person at the right time who will appreciate you for your values and personality.
Reply 4
There's lots of girls who are 5'2" and under anyway if it's that important to you. I know a fair few couples where the lady is taller then the guy so again it doesn't really matter. As the saying goes it's not what you do upright but horizontal that matters 😀
As a 5'7" girl who is dating a 5'3" guy, height doesn't matter. There is so much more that a person can give beyond the height. I think it is important to be confident with your height and show that ok you might be shorter but as long as you own it then people will look past that. I would definitely suggest trying to meet someone organically rather than through a dating app as dating apps focus more on the superficial aspects. For reference, my ex was 6'1", so it's definitely a change!
bro i'm 5'6 and i have a gf who is 5'7 is not your height you just need to find the right girl
Original post by User_name001
No my friend why would a girl judge you on height or to not marry you because of that, there’ll be a girl the same height as you, and there’ll be girls who’s expectations of a guy isn’t based on height definitely something not to worry about :smile:. For example my partner like 5’3 and I’m 6’0 yet that didn’t put us off

A bunch of bulshit. Almost all women want a tall men. Not only is he not average but short. He has to be extremely lucky or rich unfortunately... 😔

it's as bad as people say, but at least you're still alive, plenty of 6ft 4" stallions are now dead
Be the best 5ft3 guy out there then. Id rather be 5ft3 and ripped and successful than 6ft+, fat and poor.
I married a 5’3 guy. It will be 22 years later this year. Height never came into my decision. He’s more precious to me than how tall he is.
Heart over height. HEIGHT doesn't matter. Those people who are chronically online and watch red-pill content are the only people who think it does. Honestly, just try to enjoy your life and overcome your insecurities and maybe God will bless you with your soulmate.

Some pointers:

Go to the gym and build muscles.

Improve your social skills

Get your money up.

Original post by Anonymous #5
Heart over height. HEIGHT doesn't matter. Those people who are chronically online and watch red-pill content are the only people who think it does. Honestly, just try to enjoy your life and overcome your insecurities and maybe God will bless you with your soulmate.

Are you male or female?
Original post by Anonymous #4
I married a 5’3 guy. It will be 22 years later this year. Height never came into my decision. He’s more precious to me than how tall he is.

Congratulations!
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by Wired_1800
Are you male or female?

Male
Original post by Anonymous #5
Male

Ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending