The Student Room Group

Foundation not integrated + 1st year retake

Hi all I studied a foundation course at one university then transfer to another university to start my year one of studies, I have passed one module and currently need to resit 2 and currently have 3 to also do at this current time, this happened because I have a lot of personal reasons and mental health problems, as you can see this a sticky situation and feel like I could pass it if I retry the year or even another course, the question is will I able to get funding for this?
Many thanks
Original post by Kaez300
Hi all I studied a foundation course at one university then transfer to another university to start my year one of studies, I have passed one module and currently need to resit 2 and currently have 3 to also do at this current time, this happened because I have a lot of personal reasons and mental health problems, as you can see this a sticky situation and feel like I could pass it if I retry the year or even another course, the question is will I able to get funding for this?
Many thanks

Which subject are you studying?

Would you be able to get evidence to prove mental health/personal reasons interfering with your studies this year?
Original post by Kaez300
Many thanks

Hi there,

To follow on from PQ is your current course full-time? Was your previous course also full-time?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 3
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,
To follow on from PQ is your current course full-time? Was your previous course also full-time?
Thanks, Graeme

Both of them were full time study courses one the first was business management and the current one I am on is photography
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Which subject are you studying?
Would you be able to get evidence to prove mental health/personal reasons interfering with your studies this year?

Mental heath reasons no but my personal reasons potentially
Original post by Kaez300
Mental heath reasons no but my personal reasons potentially

Thanks, so long as you have some personal reasons for doing this you can ask us for an additional year of funding.

If you have any evidence at all you can upload this to your account, along with a letter from yourself explaining what happened. Please see the link below for more details.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thanks, so long as you have some personal reasons for doing this you can ask us for an additional year of funding.
If you have any evidence at all you can upload this to your account, along with a letter from yourself explaining what happened. Please see the link below for more details.
Thanks, Graeme
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Okay so even if I have them two years of study I can still be entitled to 3 years of financial help if I have a good enough reason
Original post by Kaez300
Okay so even if I have them two years of study I can still be entitled to 3 years of financial help if I have a good enough reason

Yes, if the evidence is accepted. Thanks, Jason
Reply 8
OKay what type of evidence would I need to show
Hi there. We can accept photocopies of the following;

-Letter from a GP on headed paper
-Letter from University on headed paper
-Letter from Social Services on headed paper
-Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
-Death Certificate and/or a Birth Certificate

The evidence must be;
- Signed and dated
-Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place

You will also need to upload this with a letter from yourself explaining what has happened, in your own words.

Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending