The Student Room Group

Hugging for nearly 10 minutes and............

A young lady and myself dont know ourselves very well, only met few months ago but we have started hugging each other (initiated by both) face on and standing up. She is shorter than me and top of her head just comes up to top of my chest . I wrap my arms around her and she wraps her arms around my waist to my lower back. Then we are face on and very close and she turns her head sideways and rests it firmly on my chest with top of her head below my chin. Sometimes she pulls her lower half more tightly towards my lower half. I have my head/face on the top of her head and occassionally kiss her on the top of head/hair (and also on forehead later when "breaking the hug". We stand like this for between 5 to 10 minutes. We do this several times week and I find very comforting and I think she must too.

I am trying to avoid things getting sexual (for her sake rather than myself and I have good willpower) and wonder what to read from this hugging?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
What to read from this? Well, what is the motivation from each of you for doing this? Standing hugging someone you barely know for 10 minutes is...unusual.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
What to read from this? Well, what is the motivation from each of you for doing this? Standing hugging someone you barely know for 10 minutes is...unusual.

I can only think it is comfort , nice feeling for us both. Collecting energy, increasing Oxytocin levels ?. I just wonder what it looks like to others ?.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 3
How do you feel about her
Reply 4
I feel very affectionate towards her, protective, compassionate but I must resist feeling more, I just must. How she feels I really do not know, but am hoping is just liking me and liking hugs.
Original post by CoochyCoo
I can only think it is comfort , nice feeling for us both. Collecting energy, increasing Oxytocin levels ?. I just wonder what it looks like to others ?.

It looks sexual and it's incredibly suggestive behaviour. I think you already know that.
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
It looks sexual and it's incredibly suggestive behaviour. I think you already know that.

Why exactly do you say that. Just asking not knocking what you say.
Why exactly do you say that. Just asking not knocking what you say.

Repeated long cuddling sessions
Pressing hips etc
Kissing, even on the head

Your describing a level of intimacy beyond what most would call friendly or even comforting.
Reply 8
Repeated long cuddling sessions
Pressing hips etc
Kissing, even on the head
Your describing a level of intimacy beyond what most would call friendly or even comforting.

Thanks for your reply. I know we are "flirting" on the edges perhaps but I seriously am trying to comfort and show affection, not to go into sexual "mode" as I don't want to take advantage etc. I just feel good after the hug and I think she does too, just joint comfort from emotional problems and anxieties.
(edited 1 month ago)
Thanks for your reply. I know we are "flirting" on the edges perhaps but I seriously am trying to comfort and show affection, not to go into sexual "mode" as I don't want to take advantage etc. I just feel good after the hug and I think she does too, just joint comfort from emotional problems and anxieties.

This is a few steps beyond flirting, you're talking about the comfort of hugs but you also keep kissing her head? This is a very forward level of intimacy beyond what most would call friendly/comforting, esp making a regular habit of it.
Like unless she's as naive as you seem to be, she'll know exactly what a woman pressing her hips into a guys is, it's not comfort.
Reply 11
Like unless she's as naive as you seem to be, she'll know exactly what a woman pressing her hips into a guys is, it's not comfort.

My kissing her on top of head and sometime on forehead is because I feel that level of affection, but not sexual in my
mind. The hug usually start off and then during them sometimes I feel her pull closer to me at lower level, so presume maybe she is trying to gtet closer without any sexual intent. Anyway thanks for the input ,I just dont want it to get sexual but on the other hand I feel so close. I just cannot let it get sexual. Infact thinking about it, maybe she is "practicing" on me,without it going further.
(edited 1 month ago)
My kissing her on top of head and sometime on forehead is because I feel that level of affection, but not sexual in my
mind. The hug usually start off and then during them sometimes I feel her pull closer to me at lower level, so presume maybe she is trying to gtet closer without any sexual intent. Anyway thanks for the input ,I just dont want it to get sexual but on the other hand I feel so close. I just cannot let it get sexual.

Mate... presing your hips into some one else's IS a show of sexual intent. If that's not your intention you should back off the kissy grindy stuff.

Do you think a parent would press their hips into their kids when comforting them?
Reply 13
Mate... presing your hips into some one else's IS a show of sexual intent. If that's not your intention you should back off the kissy grindy stuff.
Do you think a parent would press their hips into their kids when comforting them?

Lol, nope. I must have the hugs, it keeps me alive, mentally . Will have to put a book down front of trousers,lol. And thanks, is good to have someone else's opinions . Its not me pushing lower half it is her, so the book should do it.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 14

If you want to sort your problems out, the 2 of your should be talking, but probably not always to each other. 'Hugging' for 10 minutes is clearly not doing anything. Where are you doing this, anywhere? If you're meeting up, why not sit in a cafe for a coffee or lunch?
A young lady and myself dont know ourselves very well, only met few months ago but we have started hugging each other (initiated by both) face on and standing up. She is shorter than me and top of her head just comes up to top of my chest . I wrap my arms around her and she wraps her arms around my waist to my lower back. Then we are face on and very close and she turns her head sideways and rests it firmly on my chest with top of her head below my chin. Sometimes she pulls her lower half more tightly towards my lower half. I have my head/face on the top of her head and occassionally kiss her on the top of head/hair (and also on forehead later when "breaking the hug". We stand like this for between 5 to 10 minutes. We do this several times week and I find very comforting and I think she must too.
I am trying to avoid things getting sexual (for her sake rather than myself and I have good willpower) and wonder what to read from this hugging?

nerd alert
Next time you're hugging, touch her coochycoo... 🤔
I too, like to collect energy by pressing my hips into people.
Original post by Admit-One
I too, like to collect energy by pressing my hips into people.

You energy collector, you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending