The Student Room Group

Why is this guy cheating and not helping it?

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/14/ive-been-cheating-on-my-wife-for-10-years-im-a-better-husband-for-it-16637824/

Why did he open up to this?

He could get caught one day if he carries on.

How will the poor woman feel as a result of what he did?

Makes no sense he wanted to work on himself right?
I don’t know if I read that thinking there was a possibility of being convinced, but I came away entirely unconvinced. I’m afraid as much as he tries to justify it, there are a few problems.

The one word that kills his argument dead is when he describes his wife as ‘demanding’. Why? Because he details all the things he does. He works hard. He exercises five times a week. He finds time to have sex with women on planes, apparently. But they have three kids. So guess who takes on probably the entire mental and physical load of looking after the children? Yet she’s ‘demanding’ apparently. The veil completely slips with that word. The notion that this makes him the best version of himself is nonsense. I understand the notion of being fitter and more attractive at 40 than 20. I’m not quite 40 yet, but I expect I’ll be fitter, dress better and be more attractive at 40 compared to 20. But I do that for my own self esteem and for my wife. You know, the woman I’m married to and want to be physically attracted to me. And I do it whilst supporting my wife and actively raising my children. He plainly does not do that, and I struggle to believe that his wife his happy, or that he is a good husband or father. His actions are entirely and unreservedly selfish, and nothing more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending