The Student Room Group

how to get grade 9 in English

hi I am a grade 7-8 English student and was wondering how to get grade.9 as my exams are soon and am really stressed pls give me tips like I dont revise a lot but do revise and if u got a grade 9 how did u achieve it. like I use everything but I need to work on things like analysis pls help
I think basically just practice answering question and get someone to mark it, like a teacher. That way u know what to improve every time, and ur answers should improve. There's nothing to revise as such so this is pretty much the only way
Original post by Hellopeople!
hi I am a grade 7-8 English student and was wondering how to get grade.9 as my exams are soon and am really stressed pls give me tips like I dont revise a lot but do revise and if u got a grade 9 how did u achieve it. like I use everything but I need to work on things like analysis pls help

If this is for English language then really revise the exam question structures for both papers - for the creative writing all
I did was find fancy sounding synonyms of adjectives that may help. Also it massively helps to do exam practice and getting someone to mark it or alternatively you try and mark it with the exam mark scheme and then get a teacher to mark it to see how far off you were and it’ll then help to see where you can be getting marks that you hadn’t seen before
Original post by lxstdaisy
If this is for English language then really revise the exam question structures for both papers - for the creative writing all
I did was find fancy sounding synonyms of adjectives that may help. Also it massively helps to do exam practice and getting someone to mark it or alternatively you try and mark it with the exam mark scheme and then get a teacher to mark it to see how far off you were and it’ll then help to see where you can be getting marks that you hadn’t seen before

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest