The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

durham course change

Hiya,

I just got an offer but theyve changed the course from philosophy to religion, society and culture which I am not interested in

Is there any way for this to be changed back or to be changed to a more similar course as I would still love to go to durham.

Maybe there are clearing spaces but im not hopefull that there will be spaces in a couple of months.

Original post by peachlipton
Hiya,
I just got an offer but theyve changed the course from philosophy to religion, society and culture which I am not interested in
Is there any way for this to be changed back or to be changed to a more similar course as I would still love to go to durham.
Maybe there are clearing spaces but im not hopefull that there will be spaces in a couple of months.
Hiya,

I'm not sure about whether you can change courses or if there is a criteria for it but I would recommend emailing or contacting the admissions office or your department as they'll be able to guide you further 🙂

Goodluck!

-Ghala
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by peachlipton
Hiya,

Basically, they've rejected you for philosophy. You could try, but don't get your hopes up.
You can contact admissions but I suspect they will say no to swapping back or could potentially reject again for the original course, if it were to appear in clearing. Have a look at the course modules for RSC as many of them may be from the Philosophy dept. They may have seen elements from your personal statement that fit better with the course offered.
Philosophy and Phil/Theo at Durham are hugely competitive and their Theology dept is amongst the best in the UK and globally.
It’s def worth taking a deeper look if you want to go to Durham above any of your other offers. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest