The Student Room Group

switching degrees English to Geography?

I've recieved all of my decisions for my English Lit applications but now have no idea whether I even want to do an English degree or switch to a BA led Geography course?
I'm predicted A*A*A and currently am considering Birmingham or Warwick. I enjoy English but I find studying Geography far more fulfilling and enjoying - I don't know if I can see myself spending three years doing English anymore?
Should I make the switch, is it even possible at this stage? Please share recommendations- I'm very stressed!
Original post by thefigtree
I've recieved all of my decisions for my English Lit applications but now have no idea whether I even want to do an English degree or switch to a BA led Geography course?
I'm predicted A*A*A and currently am considering Birmingham or Warwick. I enjoy English but I find studying Geography far more fulfilling and enjoying - I don't know if I can see myself spending three years doing English anymore?
Should I make the switch, is it even possible at this stage? Please share recommendations- I'm very stressed!

Hello there,

Yes, it's possible to switch. Whether if they'll allow it will depend on each university but it's certainly possible. If you want to switch, it's best to ask them ASAP. But make sure you're pursuing what you truly want to pursue!
I've switched my course this week by emailing the university and they've given me an offer on the new course and updated my ucas so definitely contact them ASAP and 🤞🏻 they can accommodate it for you
Reply 3
Original post by JessA1988
I've switched my course this week by emailing the university and they've given me an offer on the new course and updated my ucas so definitely contact them ASAP and 🤞🏻 they can accommodate it for you

Thank you! Can I ask what you switched from and to? I'm worried my choices are too dissimilar!
Original post by thefigtree
Thank you! Can I ask what you switched from and to? I'm worried my choices are too dissimilar!

Education studies to Child Mental Health

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending