The Student Room Group

Help TW

I need tips on good ways to hide SH cuts in summer. My family will question why I'm always wearing long sleeves. I've tried bracelets but they just hurt being all on my wrist. Any tips are helpful!!!!
(edited 1 month ago)
I’m really sorry to hear that you’re struggling with sh. I understand how isolating and mentally draining that can be, and I would urge you to check out this document: https://hmi.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Alternatives-to-Self-Harm.pdf to try to find some alternate coping mechanisms.

In the mean time, please don’t be embarrassed of your scars. They are just a reflection of the hardship that you fought through, and you shouldn’t be ashamed of what you did to survive. However, I get that it can be tough showing scars. I recommend checking out silicon scar tape, it’s kind of pricy but you can get it to match your skin tone so that it covers scars and helps them heal faster. Derma blend makeup is also really good. In the summer button-ups can also be great cover-ups as they're not too hot.

I really hope things get better for you. I know how scary it can be but if your sh continues please please tell someone...while your family may not react well initially, in the long term they just want you to be safe and happy.
maybe try full coverage foundation or concealer? that could help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest