The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
amazingtrade
I got 270 alltogether but my college average was 95, so I am very proud of that despite it probably being the lowest amount here.

heh i got 160 for my AVCE...

not sure what my HND is worth though. quite a lot i'd expect
Reply 61
technik

HND is level 4 education, therefore its not worth any UCAS points at all. An HND is a higher education qualification and technicaly more advanced than A levels.
Reply 62
amazingtrade
HND is level 4 education, therefore its not worth any UCAS points at all. An HND is a higher education qualification and technicaly more advanced than A levels.

ah well fair enough.

its got me a ticket to final year on a degree so i aint worrying
technik

That's confusing me....isn't an HND an HE qualification? So why would it be counted in a UCAS tarrif which determines entry to HE in the first place?

Edit:Thanks Amazingtrade, answered my question! :smile:
Reply 64
technik
ah well fair enough.

its got me a ticket to final year on a degree so i aint worrying

Yep, thats because the an HND is supossed to be the same as the first two years of a degee. Where A levels are pre degree. You technicaly need A levels to an HND although its not always the case, and you can do an HND with just AS.
Reply 65
i got 170 :biggrin:

DD ICT AVCE - 120
D Business ASVCE - 30
E Maths + Stats AS - 20

So far i got accepted into 3 unis :wink:
Pencil
How many UCAS points did you obtain?

Tariff Calculator here:
http://www.ucas.com/higher/tariff/calc/calculator.html
- Koloth

i traded a point with an upper sixth for a sweet, so i have 1 up to now :biggrin:
Reply 67
So my qualifications are a load of crap.. thought so..

Thanks for the help anyway :dong:

:creep: *fades into the shadows within a blink of an eye*
Reply 68
520 including general studies :smile:
Reply 69
How could some of you get more than 400? Did you put your AS and A-level grades in as well? :p:
Reply 70
amazingtrade
Yep, thats because the an HND is supossed to be the same as the first two years of a degee. Where A levels are pre degree. You technicaly need A levels to an HND although its not always the case, and you can do an HND with just AS.

If a person is given an offer based on A levels which they fail to meet, some universities will allow them to do a 'foundation' year - which is equivalent to HND. After completing that year successfully they can then start their degree course 'proper'. It's a sort of access course if you want to get to uni.
Reply 71
560 ...
Reply 72
trev
How could some of you get more than 400? Did you put your AS and A-level grades in as well? :p:

That has happened before on here, you get people saying 500 points say in maths if they get an A in both A2 and AS, thats 120 points, but a lot of people seem to think its 180.
I got 410... but with the two extra AS subjects I'm taking this year I may get upto 530!
Reply 74
trev

erm no..
5As at A2 + 1A at AS = 660, unless i put the grades in the wrong place in the calculator? :confused: :p:
Reply 75
Fair enough.
Reply 76
i got 550

lou xxx
Reply 77
I got 440 points (AABB) EXCLUDING GS

Was just 2.5% off from an 'A' in Chem :frown::frown::frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending