The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

drink a shot through a straw and keep sucking on the straw after all of whatever you were drinking is gone, the extra air gets u drunk quicker.

apparently.
No food and little sleep... it'll have a direct effect.
need_money
My mate told me one night while we were drinking that if you shake your head quickly from side to side while swallowing alcohol it gets you drunk faster. We did it but i couldn't really tell if it worked so has anyone else heard of doing that and know if it really does work? :smile:

P.S This was a while ago before anyone accuses me of drinking after my vow of staying tee total. :smile:

Pft neds. :cool:
Reply 23
need_money
My mate told me one night while we were drinking that if you shake your head quickly from side to side while swallowing alcohol it gets you drunk faster. We did it but i couldn't really tell if it worked so has anyone else heard of doing that and know if it really does work? :smile:

P.S This was a while ago before anyone accuses me of drinking after my vow of staying tee total. :smile:

It might go under the same rule as thumb as drinking through a straw makes you more drunk? :confused: presumabely it's all about the bubbles, and shaking your head like a **** would cause them.
just take paracetemol with it, works a treat
erk
It might go under the same rule as thumb as drinking through a straw makes you more drunk? :confused: presumabely it's all about the bubbles, and shaking your head like a **** would cause them.

It probably doesn't make you more drunk. But shaking your head/making blood go to your head will just make you feel sick. That plus the alcohol and you know what awaits you...
Reply 26
SamTheMan
It probably doesn't make you more drunk. But shaking your head/making blood go to your head will just make you feel sick. That plus the alcohol and you know what awaits you...

i know, i'm just using the said theory which could equate to needmoneys post. :biggrin:
Just drink turps :biggrin:
Pleased to hear you're being a teetotaller for now, NM :smile: Very wise decision, good luck with sticking to it. I vow to become teetotal every time I have a hangover, but I've never managed it myself..
I haven't been drunk in ages. Must do it again soon.
It's greatly over rated.
Reply 31
theotherF.Poste
Pleased to hear you're being a teetotaller for now, NM :smile: Very wise decision, good luck with sticking to it. I vow to become teetotal every time I have a hangover, but I've never managed it myself..

:smile: Thanks, I think this will be very healthy for me. And maybe keep me on a straighter path. I hope.
Reply 32
Drink a can of beer, everytime you drink some, fill it back to the top with vodka, repeat until you're drinking pure vodka from the can, or pass out.
Reply 33
theotherF.Poste
. I vow to become teetotal every time I have a hangover, but I've never managed it myself..

Haha me too. It lasted 2 days last time. :rolleyes:
Reply 34
does drinking alcohol makes you dummer?(more stupid)
IZZY!

Heheh. Yes.
Reply 36
IZZY!

Not at all, I drink alcohol like water, and im fine, they're even thinking about letting me out into the public now.
Reply 37
IZZY!

I think so. I asked a guy AGGEESSS ago to buy me a 3 litre of White lightning and he laughed and said "ye'll be missin' a lot eh brain cells the morra hen". That was so long ago i can't believe i still remember it. :eek:
Good lord! White Lightning? Are they still selling that cat-piss? How about Diamond White?

I reckon cider is the devil's own piss, actually. Even cats would be hard pushed...
Reply 39
Inverurie Jones
Good lord! White Lightning? Are they still selling that cat-piss? How about Diamond White?

I reckon cider is the devil's own piss, actually. Even cats would be hard pushed...

Yup, they are, its great when you're skint and want to forget it.

Latest