The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hmm whats up with the anger?
Reply 2
chilipop
So what is your problem, why won't you sign up.
Why don't you just decide to commit to Europe or leave altogether, am i right in saying you're only reason is that you think you are great to have "The Pound" and want to remain of a higher class then the european "common"
what's the deal?
I am Irish BTW

What you are on? if i could bad rep you again i would. :smile:
Reply 3
chilipop
Why don't you just decide to commit to Europe or leave altogether, am i right in saying you're only reason is that you think you are great to have "The Pound" and want to remain of a higher class then the european "common"
what's the deal?
I am Irish BTW

Its not actually our decision at the minute, correct me if I'm wrong but at the minute its a government decision
Reply 4
swishmasta
hmm whats up with the anger?

Don't know it just annoys me having to change money when i go to London!
:rofl: at this thread...no wonder you got a ref gem..try to be more subtle :rolleyes:
although I agree with your point
Reply 6
chilipop
Don't know it just annoys me having to change money when i go to London!

What a shame. I'm going to lose sleep.
Reply 7
ditzy blonde
Its not actually our decision at the minute, correct me if I'm wrong but at the minute its a government decision

Yes but your public polls indicate that you are aginst it, and that is prob what is influencing government
chilipop
what's the deal?
I am Irish BTW

we dont need the euro. we dont need to be part of it. we have the pound and thats how it should stay.
Reply 9
andrew2022
we dont need the euro. we dont need to be part of it. we have the pound and thats how it should stay.

I have no problem with that view if you left the E.U altogether, rather then just using it when it suits you!
Reply 10
The British econemy is very strong, we are the forth largest ecomemy in the world. There is simply no logical reason to hand over our econmey to Europe especialy when the pound is so strong and the Euro is weak.

Most Britis are against it because we are proud nation, sterling has lasted has a long time we see no reason to change. Ireland by contrast has a much weaker econemy and benefits from being in the Euro.
chilipop
what's the deal?
I am Irish BTW

Ask the average citizen in this country what they consider their identity, their national identity. You will be suprised how long it takes for someone to say 'I'm European'. Britain is a secretely patriotic nation, and perhaps a lot of Britains want more control over their life. Brussels has enough control all ready. The British know what is best for Britain (or atleast we feel we do- which is good) :smile:

Omting to do something is not a 'problem'. The fact is that we are quite happy with the pound, as we always have been. Less of the insults please.
Reply 12
chilipop
I have no problem with that view if you left the E.U altogether, rather then just using it when it suits you!

I could say the same about Ireland.
Reply 13
AT82
I could say the same about Ireland.

How could you?, give an example
chilipop

I would quite happily leave the EU. What the hell as Brussels ever done for me? It's Tony Blair you should be telling this to.
Reply 15
as youre irish...

what was your problem with the currency you had?! you could spend it, it looked like other currency, it was your own!! why ditch it?
chilipop
So what is your reaon, why won't you sign up.
what's the deal?
I am Irish BTW

Complain to the Danes and the Swedes too... Why bother only us?

At the time, it would have been a bad move to join the euro zone. Recent years have shown that it was a good move. Too many european economies are sluggish anyway.

BTW, are you Paddies going to start crying and leave the EU when we stop giving you money? :rolleyes:
Reply 17
beekeeper_
Ask the average citizen in this country what they consider their identity, their national identity. You will be suprised how long it takes for someone to say 'I'm European'. Britain is a secretely patriotic nation, and perhaps a lot of Britains want more control over their life. Brussels has enough control all ready. The British know what is best for Britain (or atleast we feel we do- which is good) :smile:

Omting to do something is not a 'problem'. The fact is that we are quite happy with the pound, as we always have been. Less of the insults please.

"secretely patriotic nation" in all honesty, you may not be as bad as the Americans but you are certainly a close second, I was on holidays last year in Benelmadena and the place was littered with Engligh Pubs, Fat Obnoxious people in English shirts and english flags!
Reply 18
chilipop
How could you?, give an example

I noticed that all your mains is in fact based on the British standards probably becuase its cheaper for your country of such a small population to use British designs rather than design their own plug sockets.

You also use the English language becuase it suits you.
Reply 19
technik
as youre irish...

what was your problem with the currency you had?! you could spend it, it looked like other currency, it was your own!! why ditch it?

We did not have a problem but felt it would be SELFISH not to join the common european currency

Latest

Trending

Trending