The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I don't see what business its got to with the Irish if we are in the Euro or not. Unless of course they want a slice of our economey.
beekeeper_
'No Future'. i guess that sums up the whole argument quite well.
Oh look, a Conservative. I guess THAT sums up the whole argument quite well... :rolleyes:
chilipop
Did you see him naked?
Oh, suuure he did... :wink:
Reply 82
SamTheMan
or south...in your case.

:wink: :p:
Planxty
Hey guys.

I didnt bother to read ALL the posts coz this thread seems like bullshit.

Chilipop, I am Irish too, and I agree that England refusing to use the euro are indeed being stubborn muppets.

As for the talk about being patriotic? Look at Charles' wedding. And all the monarchy loving clowns suckin up cheering them on. Its things like that, that are seriously wrong with england. The 'monarchy' is the biggest joke. It doesnt even do anything!

Chilipop, as for your thread, I think you made your points very crudely. You could have argued them a lot better, u just made the thread seem sorta childish..

But I do agree that england should change to the euro. I know the english pound is worth more now, but what if that changes?? And the euro is worth more?? I'd bet they'd join then. If they tried then, I'd say tough ****.

But people are making the argument, why should we change? Our currency is strong etc..

That situation isnt permanent.

It's Britain or the UK, not England. How can you call yourself Irish if you don't even know anything about your neighbouring states? England is not a state.
Reply 84
what an argument lol! i fell sorry for the irish guy, bit of a one man crusade but he has no chance here.
Reply 85
AT82
I don't see what business its got to with the Irish if we are in the Euro or not. Unless of course they want a slice of our economey.

its dislike and mistrust of the british. some of them believe the potato famine was a deliberate british genocide for example. they also remember being little more than a rural 2nd world backwater for most of the 20th century and probably would spite themselves for speaking the hated english language if they were capable of spiting themselves in another language...

then europe comes along as hands them billions on a plate...pack of jokers. they'll be less pleased when their newly improved economy starts getting shafted to pay for places like belarus.
Reply 86
Bah, there's no reason we should join the euro, and plenty reasons we shouldn't. Unless you like taking power away from the people who vote, and giving it to the small group of eurocrats who give each other jobs, pay rises etc.
Reply 87
another reason to give your vote to michael howard. hes less likely to piss away the great british pound than tony or the maniac charlie.
Reply 88
Planxty

As for the talk about being patriotic? Look at Charles' wedding. And all the monarchy loving clowns suckin up cheering them on. Its things like that, that are seriously wrong with england. The 'monarchy' is the biggest joke. It doesnt even do anything!

I think many people didn't even watch the Royal wedding. I didn't even see any of it. That's how much I care about our monarchy. The fact is, our monarchy bring in tourism. They're an attraction. ££££££
Reply 89
technik
its dislike and mistrust of the british. some of them believe the potato famine was a deliberate british genocide for example. they also remember being little more than a rural 2nd world backwater for most of the 20th century and probably would spite themselves for speaking the hated english language if they were capable of spiting themselves in another language...

then europe comes along as hands them billions on a plate...pack of jokers. they'll be less pleased when their newly improved economy starts getting shafted to pay for places like belarus.

Yep, thats the main reason for staying out. We take our own risks, if the UK's ecomeny goes bust then its our fault. If VW does a Rover and Germany goes into recession then the whole of Europe will pay for it, apart from those countries not in the Euro.
Reply 90
SamTheMan
It's Britain or the UK, not England. How can you call yourself Irish if you don't even know anything about your neighbouring states? England is not a state.

Man im tired and replied quickly. I am aware England is not a state. You get the idea..

As for the guy who called me xenophobic?? Lol.. ok whatever pal..

Thing I hate about these threads, is the irish will get all this unfounded backlash and generalisation from people who have little or no education of irish history or culure.

Things like "why arent u speaking in irish? U probably cant!", as some guy said..

If u knew anything you'd know that most of Ireland cant. We can only speak a primary/secondary level language education of it at best.

And no, we dont claim to be patriotic. Many of irish people including myself are FAR from being patriotic, and have nothing but contempt for the country, its government, and quite many of its inhabitants.
Reply 91
AT82
Yep, thats the main reason for staying out. We take our own risks, if the UK's ecomeny goes bust then its our fault. If VW does a Rover and Germany goes into recession then the whole of Europe will pay for it, apart from those countries not in the Euro.

the UK still pays bucket loads for europe. money probably better spent elsewhere i'd imagine.
Reply 92
Planxty
Man im tired and replied quickly. I am aware England is not a state. You get the idea..

Thing I hate about these threads, is the irish will get all this unfounded backlash and generalisation from people who have little or no education of irish history or culure.

Things like "why arent u speaking in irish? U probably cant!", as some guy said..

If u knew anything you'd know that most of Ireland cant. We can only speak a primary/secondary level language education of it at best.

And no, we dont claim to be patriotic. Many of irish people including myself are FAR from being patriotic, and have nothing but contempt for the country, its government, and quite many of its inhabitants.

im well aware of the irish inability to speak irish on the whole. its quite amusing :biggrin:
Reply 93
technik
the UK still pays bucket loads for europe. money probably better spent elsewhere i'd imagine.

True, however I know some things have been paid for by the EU. My old school for example, erected 1995, pulled down 2005.

Being in the EU does make it much easier to trade with other countries though.
Reply 94
AT82

Yes, with all those tariffs??
Reply 95
AT82
True, however I know some things have been paid for by the EU. My old school for example, erected 1995, pulled down 2005.

i dunno...i look at some of the most prosperous nations in europe (all of whom are therefore some of the best in the world) and they dont bother with all that EU clap...norway, switzerland etc. i dont buy the "OMG IT'LL BE THE END OF US IF WE DONT GO INTO EUROPE!!!!!"
Reply 96
Planxty

You clearly have vehement disgust for Britain, calling us "monarchy loving clowns." Talking about some glorious downfall when Britain's currency becomes weaker than the Euro. Xenophobia.
Reply 97
fishpaste
You clearly have vehement disgust for Britain, calling us "monarchy loving clowns." Talking about some glorious downfall when Britain's currency becomes weaker than the Euro. Xenophobia.

dublin should still be british.
Reply 98
technik
i dunno...i look at some of the most prosperous nations in europe (all of whom are therefore some of the best in the world) and they dont bother with all that EU clap...norway, switzerland etc. i dont buy the "OMG IT'LL BE THE END OF US IF WE DONT GO INTO EUROPE!!!!!"

This GPD per capita though not the econoney, the reasons for this are quite complex. The UK is much much richer than Noway, but the people living in the Noway are richer.

For overal substainability GPD its more important. I don't understand but then there is complex degrees in this subject so its no wonder :smile:
Reply 99
Euro money looks like monopoly money. I love my pounds thankyou very much :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending