The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think there is some cheap hotel thingy between Trafalgar and James Watson halls, but dont hold me on that!! lol! There is like a travellers inn like place in Gunwharf keys, i know that for a fact! lol!
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
yeh there are a few hotels dotted about, but they are like 50 quid a nite
Reply 3
LemonLime
yeh there are a few hotels dotted about, but they are like 50 quid a nite

50 a night!?! No way!

Scifi25, might take your advice and find that travellers inn place in gunwharf keys!

Ask to scrub dishes and wash glasses for the night to earn my keep lol!

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

If anyone has any more, keep'm comin!
There are some pretty cheap guest houses around, have a search on google, i stayed in one down other side of southsea, was a bit of a mission, so if u do, try and get one closer to city centre!! it was quite nice and cheap too
Reply 5
I have a cardboard box you can lend, and I charge reasonable rates :smile:
Reply 6
lol lol lol :biggrin:
Reply 7
Im gonna sleep in Stanstead airport tuesday night. Head to portsmouth wednesday morning.

My flight home is Thurs afternoon. Do u guys reckon it'd be wiser for me to stay in portsmouth wednesday night and get the train back to london thursday morning or go back up to london wednesday evening and stay there?
Reply 8
There is the Ibis hotel which you can stay in, thats the one for £50 a night, but it's quite cheap for a double room (bring a friend! :tongue:)

Better to stay in Portsmouth wednesday night.
Reply 9
I stayed at Stansted Airport overnight with my girlfriend. My advice is to get a seat early if you don't want to sleep on the floor - there's about 200 people who'll sleep there overnight and only about 50 chairs. Also avoid the chairs in front of the main entrance to Stansted, or else you'll freeze yourself and probably catch a cold. I recommend the chairs by the arrivals areas - they're the most comfortable.

As for Portsmouth, I don't have a clue.
Reply 10
pradster
I stayed at Stansted Airport overnight with my girlfriend. My advice is to get a seat early if you don't want to sleep on the floor - there's about 200 people who'll sleep there overnight and only about 50 chairs. Also avoid the chairs in front of the main entrance to Stansted, or else you'll freeze yourself and probably catch a cold. I recommend the chairs by the arrivals areas - they're the most comfortable.

As for Portsmouth, I don't have a clue.

Thanks for the info Pradster! Lol, I didnt realise there would be 'good' and 'bad' seats when sleepin overnight in an airport!

And thanks for the info in the other thread!
Reply 11
No problem.

Personally I'd stay in Portsmouth overnight - London isn't a cheap place to stay overnight unless you stay in a Youth Hostel (about £10 for a night) but you'll need student ID of some sort and be prepared to sleep on a matress made of chicken wire with about 4 other people.

When I was there with the missus, I took a National Express coach from Stansted to London at about 4AM (costs £10) and then caught a train from London Victoria to Portsmouth at about 5.30AM to get to sunny Pompey for about 8AM. That way, you'll get to spend pretty much the whole day here if you do decide to head back to London.
Reply 12
Good info again pradster.

But I think i'm gonna go by train from london waterloo to ports. Think it takes bout an hour and a half.

Are there any hostels in portsmouth do u know? £10 a night?? Thats pretty tempting :smile:
Reply 13
At just £11.00 for a night, I've found you one in Cosham.. a ten minute train ride away from Portsmouth & Southsea Train Station :smile:

http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/hostelpages/195.html

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 14
I love you pradster
Reply 15
I've already recommended that my girlfriend should seek professional help for that. Do you want the phone numbers too?
Reply 16
pradster
I've already recommended that my girlfriend should seek professional help for that. Do you want the phone numbers too?

Lol :biggrin:

Hey about that hostel. No rooms available! Guess its booked out. People headin down for the open day possibly filled the place. Thats a kick in the hole. It would've been perfect :frown: Looks like an alright place too
Reply 17
How about Winchester, or there's a couple on the Isle of Wight (Totland Bay and Sandown)? They won't take much longer than 45 minutes to get to, and should be able to manage them for under £25 including the hostel stay.

If not, that cardboard box offer's still available.. :smile:
Reply 18
pradster
How about Winchester, or there's a couple on the Isle of Wight (Totland Bay and Sandown)? They won't take much longer than 45 minutes to get to, and should be able to manage them for under £25 including the hostel stay.

If not, that cardboard box offer's still available.. :smile:

Excellent thanks pradster, lol

Cool i'll check out those ones you mentioned
Reply 19
Some love going on in here :biggrin:

have u found somewhere planxty?

Latest

Trending

Trending