The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Joshworkinghard
I think he deserves a healthy dose of RIDICULE!!!!!!!!!!

nah - you've got to admire his style :cool:
Reply 41
he's just winding u guys up and takin the piss out of a silly thread (sorry, but there have been far too many pointless ones like this and if ppl just searched before they posted....<goes to grumble in silence>
Reply 42
zip it123
its a hoax

bailol is in oxford

while kings in cambridge

the guy has made it all up!

no sh*t.
Reply 43
Hoofbeat
he's just winding u guys up and takin the piss out of a silly thread (sorry, but there have been far too many pointless ones like this and if ppl just searched before they posted....<goes to grumble in silence>

leave them be chloe.....let them take pride in their multiple A*'s at GCSE while they're still at the age to think they actually MEAN something!
Reply 44
Willa
leave them be chloe.....let them take pride in their multiple A*'s at GCSE while they're still at the age to think they actually MEAN something!

Yes what was the point of this thread.

They never get to the point of meaning nothing I guess - even with an oxbridge degree I guess most people still stick their GCSEs on their CVs.

Though perhaps not their D in English Literature :redface:
Reply 45
RichE
They never get to the point of meaning nothing I guess - even with an oxbridge degree I guess most people still stick their GCSEs on their CVs.

Wouldn't have thought people would do that. Perhaps A-Levels, but putting GCSEs on would look a bit odd if you have a degree.
Reply 46
RichE
Yes what was the point of this thread.

Though perhaps not their D in English Literature :redface:

but lets be fair...at their age our GCSEs meant something to us! Even right now my A Levels mean something to me....considering that some of the stuff i'm being taught was part of my A Level course, hence why I still feel A Levels were important. But gcse's are a distant thing...completely trivial and unimportant.
Reply 47
Willa
but lets be fair...at their age our GCSEs meant something to us! Even right now my A Levels mean something to me....considering that some of the stuff i'm being taught was part of my A Level course, hence why I still feel A Levels were important. But gcse's are a distant thing...completely trivial and unimportant.

That's quite a feat of double-think-cum-empathy you managed in that post.

I'm afraid I'm old enough that I did O-levels - which didn't mean much either - but some substantial cramming went on that I think I'd have trouble repeating.

Sorry - can't get the phrase "cum-empathy" out of my head now. :puke:
Hoofbeat
Out of interest, were you the Queen's physicist who walked back to get their bike from the racks outside the Atmospherical building after today's Quantum Ideas lecture? I'm still not sure who you are, but I noticed he had a Queen's hoodie on!

No I'm afraid. That sounds like Jon. You know a girl with curly ginger hair? She's quite noticeable. I'm probably sitting somewhere near her, usually on the left of the lecture hall.

Oh, I was the one who said "steamships" in the S3 lecture, but I don't suppose you'll remember that. I've also decided to give up on those lectures, I'm confident in my knowledge of that already, and also it doesn't count for much.
Reply 49
Willa

Well, of course, GCSEs are a stepping stone to A-levels, are a stepping stone to a Degree, is a stepping stone to a job, is the stepping stone to a better job...

You could argue that nothing is relevant except for what you are doing at that very point in time.
Who's the philosopher then...........lol!!
Reply 51
Egad, stop calling this sort of stuff philosophy!
Reply 52
For everyone that is complaining about "this type of thread"....these threads may actually be useful if people only posted what the thread starter asked rather than complaining!

....and yes I am aware of the irony of my post.
Reply 53
Well people with offers were replying so I thought I might as well:

GCSEs - 7 A*s 2As
AS - AABBc
A - AAAAa

Course - Philosophy

Unconditional offers from Cambridge, York, Durham, Warwick (only applied to 4).
Reply 54
GCSEs - 3.5A* 5A 1.5B 0.5D
AS - AAAAAC - Maths, Economics, History, Business, General and Further Maths
A - AAAAAU

Oxford (Trinity) - Econ & Management - AAA (firm 2003)
Oxford (Univ) - E&M - AAAA (they're evil, but still firm 2004)
Warwick - Economics - AAB (insurance 2003 & 2004)
Warwick - MORSE - AAA
Durham - Natural Science - AAA
Reading - ISIB - AAB
Nottingham - Economics - AAB
Nottingham - Maths & Economics - AAB
LSE - Maths & Economics - BBB
UCL - Economics - rejection
Reply 55
GCSE's - 8xA*, 1x B (i hate maths...)

AS-same as below!
A-levels, English Lit, History, Politics, Chemistry, General Studies - AAAAA

Oxford - AAB
Durham-AAB
Newcastle-AAB
St Andrews-AAB
Nottingham - ABB
Leeds -ABB

All for English back in the days of yore (2002-3) because I'm an old gimp who got deferred. ;D

P.S. Wimwom, explain yourself!!! IBIS? MORSE? Queque???
Reply 56
Drogue
GCSEs - 3.5A* 5A 1.5B 0.5D
AS - AAAAAC - Maths, Economics, History, Business, General and Further Maths
A - AAAAAU

Oxford (Trinity) - Econ & Management - AAA (firm 2003)
Oxford (Univ) - E&M - AAAA (they're evil, but still firm 2004)
Warwick - Economics - AAB (insurance 2003 & 2004)
Warwick - MORSE - AAA
Durham - Natural Science - AAA
Reading - ISIB - AAB
Nottingham - Economics - AAB
Nottingham - Maths & Economics - AAB
LSE - Maths & Economics - BBB
UCL - Economics - rejection
:confused:

that is very confusing!!!!! :confused:
Reply 57
Phil23

that is very confusing!!!!! :confused:

Uh no...
Reapplication
Reply 58
Exactly. Other than being twice as many, it's exactly how anyone else's is. So glad it didn't take a 3rd time!
Reply 59
GCSE: 11A* 1A
AS Level: AAAA

All courses for Computer Science:

Oxford (Lincoln College) - AAAa Firm
Imperial - AAA Insurance
York - AAB
UCL - AAB
Warwick - AAB
Bristol - CCC

Also unconditional from Carnegie Mellon (US) and am on waiting list at Stanford.

Latest

Trending

Trending