The Student Room Group
Reply 1
siobhan86
anybody know why the british transport police are not allowed to leave london?

my dad rung up earlier to tell mum they have been put under order to not leave london until further notice... dno why though... anybody know?

Hmm now lets think... Has anyone tried to blow up London Transport over the last few weeks???
Reply 2
well yer im not totally thick.... but why do they need ALL of the British Transport Police - i personally dont see the point

i understand having more ppl staying in london in regards to police and helping out but keeping ALL the BTPolice members seems strange to me

i do understand the fundamental principle behind it
Reply 3
maybe there are risk of threats again.
Reply 4
siobhan86
well yer im not totally thick.... but why do they need ALL of the British Transport Police - i personally dont see the point

i understand having more ppl staying in london in regards to police and helping out but keeping ALL the BTPolice members seems strange to me

i do understand the fundamental principle behind it

The risk is major, and thanks to tourists leaving bags on platforms and on buses, transport police are having to attend 100-200 incidents a DAY!
Reply 5
well if there are risks of threats should they not tell the public? - prepare ppl, then again, perhaps they should not make it public, ppl might get all panicky now
Reply 6
well, true... but, not all B.T. Police are necessarily directly invovled with the transport as such... for example, my dad... he used to be involved with tube transport things, no longer thou, not sure wht he does tbh
^^

Yes.I work in a train station and the other day some prat left their suitcases unattended.It was really quite scary as it was on a race day too so security was higher....turned out to be some stupid old biddy in the end but you know..

Are these people stupid?!
Reply 8
sparklyglitter
Are these people stupid?!

Yup! I think TfL need to introduce fines for idiots that leave bags on trains and tubes!
I was on a South West Train a few months ago and this dodgy looking guy just got up and left his rucksack on the seat where he'd been sitting. When he didn't come back after a couple of minutes, my friend Rachel told the ticket inspector, who told us to "Chill out." :redface:
tommorrows thursday... lokking at thursdays past records
Reply 11
If they really wanted to scared the public more they'd strike a rural area with only one victim.
Reply 12
siobhan86
well, true... but, not all B.T. Police are necessarily directly invovled with the transport as such... for example, my dad... he used to be involved with tube transport things, no longer thou, not sure wht he does tbh

Please, speak english.
Anyway, not all transport police are down there, so its not the entirety of Transport police in london, as other places need them aswell, so it is just those already there.
Security will be tight later on today. They need as many police there as possible, an increased police presence makes people feel safer, although Im not quite sure what a regular copper will be able to do if someone decides to blow themself up again.
Reply 13
The fact that the suspect who was arrested yesterday had explosives on his person and was going to blow himself up rather than be arrested, would lead me to think that they are planning something for a later date. Probably today at some point. The police are probably expecting another attack tomorrow maybe. Who knows...
Reply 14
I reckon if there is another attack it will be outside of london in a city like manchester where there is not that much security and expectations of an incident

p.s. do ya reckon the ppl who help the suicide bombers put together their operation have the brain to invest in shares which are likely to increase in value after the attacks - considering the effect the attacks have on the LSE and the fact they are the only ones who know it is going to happen
Reply 15
esx77
I reckon if there is another attack it will be outside of london in a city like manchester where there is not that much security and expectations of an incident

p.s. do ya reckon the ppl who help the suicide bombers put together their operation have the brain to invest in shares which are likely to increase in value after the attacks - considering the effect the attacks have on the LSE and the fact they are the only ones who know it is going to happen

Cunning... I'd be buying up Gold if I were them. Gold usually sky rockets after terror attacks as its a safe investment whereas shares often plummet.
Is this a recent thing? There were british transport police on my train last week and I was about 4 hours out of London.
I read on BBC NEws Online that the British Transport Police are on high alert following nine arrests over the past few days, that's probably why.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4723229.stm

Latest