The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well if you have got the grades then there is no need to ring them but i know people who have just to double check - theres no harm in ringing!! UCAS are meant to send you a letter which you have to send back which basically confirms your place at your unversity of choice

(",)
Reply 2
i was thinking i could ...ring after a few days to check if they'd got my reply slip!
Reply 3
A booklet the uni sent me says I son't need to send back the reply slip unless I don't want to go anymore. Should I still do it just in case or not as am paranoid!?
Reply 4
If you want to go to that uni then you need to send off the reply slip

I sent mine off yesterday afternoon but I'm paranoid it will get lost!
Reply 5
what reply slip? are you meant to recieve it in the post?
Reply 6
You should received a TS12 letter from UCAS which you have to sign and send back to the Uni. It should arrive within a few days.
Reply 7
oh ok... thanks
Reply 8
Ok, I might be panicing for no reason but I'm a bit paranoid i ticked the wrong box. The one that says you aren't going to be taking up a place with that uni! I'm sure I'm just over-reacting!! Can't help it, I want everything to go smoothly!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 9
Hey, just a quick query.

On UCAS Track, it says that I was unsuccessful my first choice, and that my Insurance Choice (Sheffield Hallam) have accepted me. The current status is Decision: Accepted and Your Reply: Firm.

Does this mean I will still get an AS12 letter or not? I only ask because most of my friends have already had their AS12 letters, but I'm yet to recieve it. Do I need to ring Sheffield Hallam to double-check everything?

I guess I'm mainly asking on behalf my parents, who seem to be far more worried than me about things :smile:

Any help welcome,

-Sparcks
Reply 10
Pepaim
A booklet the uni sent me says I son't need to send back the reply slip unless I don't want to go anymore. Should I still do it just in case or not as am paranoid!?

I think you still need to send the slip on the AS12 letter if you don't want to go to university, as you need to tick the following box: 'I will not be taking up the offer of the place because...' If you want to go to university, tick the first one.
Reply 11
I checked loads of times before I sent it to make sure I ticked correct box!
Reply 12
I'm living overseas, very far away from the UK and mail from the UK takes very long to get here and back. Should I still wait for the letter? what happens if they don't recieve my reply in 14 days?
Reply 13
PQ
You will still get an AS12 letter, if it's showing "Accepted" on track today then it should arrive today, tomorrow or monday:smile:

Cheers for the heads up, much appreciated. Am in Edinburgh this weekend for the festival, so will sort it out on Monday.

-Sparcks
Reply 14
trev
I think you still need to send the slip on the AS12 letter, as you need to tick the following box: 'I will not be taking up the offer of the place because...'

Not sure if your joking! I do still want to go.
Reply 15
Pepaim
Not sure if your joking! I do still want to go.

Oops, I typed the wrong option. :redface: I just wrote the second tick box phrase, as if he doesn't want to go to the university, he should tick the second box instead of the first one, and no need to call the university.
Reply 16
Thats ok! Il send the slip back anyway even though it says not to worry. I'm not taking any chances with losing my place!
I still havn't had my UCAS letter, everyone else who lives anywhere near me has had theirs so I'm starting to worry!!! Who else hasn't had theirs??
Reply 18
Pepaim
Thats ok! Il send the slip back anyway even though it says not to worry. I'm not taking any chances with losing my place!

Yeah, send it ASAP. I got mine today, and my friends got their's yesterday. They sent it off the day they got it. I'm planning to send it on Monday.

Some of my friends are paranoid that it will get lost in the post. I just hope this won't happen.

I guess we get a university acceptance letter (not the UCAS one) from them after we sent the AS12 slip.

triple_seven
I still havn't had my UCAS letter, everyone else who lives anywhere near me has had theirs so I'm starting to worry!!! Who else hasn't had theirs??

I got mine today. I was worried yesterday too, as my friends got them yesterday and I didn't. Don't worry, it will come next week!
Reply 19
I got mine today aswell, will send it off on monday, i have to pay for a stamp :frown: lol

Latest

Trending

Trending