The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think LSE is fun i love it here its London theres always stuff to do (even tho most things are expensive). Smoking in rooms depends on where u stay,, its ok in some halls but some u can't. I am staying at Bankside and the fire alarms seem to go off all the time like one of my friends set it off by using a toaster so I think smoking is out of the question.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
gemma123
I think LSE is fun i love it here its London theres always stuff to do (even tho most things are expensive). Smoking in rooms depends on where u stay,, its ok in some halls but some u can't. I am staying at Bankside and the fire alarms seem to go off all the time like one of my friends set it off by using a toaster so I think smoking is out of the question.

I dont think that alarms go off because of smoke...I've seen people smoke shisha/weed in their rooms all the time at bankside and it has never triggered off the alarms. Maybe they have heat sensors in the rooms and smoke detectors in the kitchen..Even if they dont, you can always stuff socks around the device.

To the original poster, lse IS fun. You'll meet all sorts of people here. From those who stay in their rooms/library all the time to those who are out partying on weekdays as well. Nothing to worry about.
Reply 22
Yeah,

It's a great place to be. ..... so cosmopolitan
Reply 23
Sounds good. You ppl have a point - the place being fun is important, and even hard workers have to have a laugh from time to time
Reply 24
Imperial medics are known to be pretty fit :wink:, and its in london right?...so come on!

Its what u make out of it

economics is a study of rational decision and choice! In college well all make choices;

-You can either study like a bitch and have no life
-You can party real hard and hardly study (if u wanna fail)
-You can study like a bitch and party real hard!..yeaaa

its the equilibrium which u reach...its up to u
Reply 25
President_Ben
London is fun. Not so sure I'd say LSE is greatly contributing to that or even pulling it's own weight...

LSE social life is awesome. Great intellectual convo and great childish convo (which women have the best "mammaries" etc) . Yes you will work hard and the library will be your second home but life is fine. Clubs; there are more clubs than you will ever have time to go to in London. Plenty of pubs, bars societies and generally very sociable people who are up for a laugh. Its not full of white UK people but if you can look past that, you will love it.
BigDog04
LSE social life is awesome.

I think you need to explore the social life that is on offer at various other unis...
Social...life? :confused:

:p:
Reply 28
Mate, Ive been to UCL plenty of times.. Ive been to many unis in the UK . LSE ranks up with the best of them. Fine most people are not the type to get pissed every night but there is still a strong drinking culture there :smile: You just need to know who to hang out with!
BigDog04
Mate, Ive been to UCL plenty of times.. Ive been to many unis in the UK . LSE ranks up with the best of them. Fine most people are not the type to get pissed every night but there is still a strong drinking culture there :smile: You just need to know who to hang out with!

Well I enjoy my close friendships, but I like meeting new people too :smile:

And the unis in the South are a complete bunch of jessies compared to the North.

edit: there's more to it than a drinking culture too...
Reply 30
President_Ben
Well I enjoy my close friendships, but I like meeting new people too :smile:

And the unis in the South are a complete bunch of jessies compared to the North.
edit: there's more to it than a drinking culture too...

I'm sure downing six pints of Tetleys in Bradford town hall is infinitely preferable to sharing the dance floor with Scarlett Johannson in Club Colosseum
TWIIII
I'm sure downing six pints of Tetleys in Bradford town hall is infinitely preferable to sharing the dance floor with Scarlett Johannson in Club Colosseum

Yep.

I don't have to suffer the embarassment of looking like a fool in front of Miss Johannson in the later case.
Reply 32
President_Ben
Yep.

I don't have to suffer the embarassment of looking like a fool in front of Miss Johannson in the later case.

There was no embarrassment, but the Dom was flowing which helped overcome any inhibitions
Reply 33
TWIIII

Funniest/most insightful thing said for this whole thread. Jesus, how pointless is this...
With regards to the lack of a varied social life at LSE, is the extent of this problem diminished by living in Inter-collegiate Halls. I am sorry if this point has been covered before, but I cant seem to find a reference.

I am very interested in attending the LSE, but am worried about the obvious demographic inequalities (leading in part, it appears, to a disjointed social scene).
Reply 35
personally im not too worried, cuz im guessing a place like london would have a lot more "opportunities" to "enjoy" oneself compared to a lil old town in newzealand , nd i hear they'r relaxing drug laws there too :biggrin:
Reply 36
Say I've got a single room at a LSE house.

I am allowed to bring girls to the room, right? (hey, after all, it's the UK).

Also, can I have friends sleeping in my room, say, on the floor? (that is, W/O paying for an extra bed etc.)

---

What are the current drug/alcohol regulations in the UK?

E.g.
1. cannabis or similar THC-based drugs? (I'm NOT a user)
2. one allowed to smoke (regular stuff) in restaurants/clubs? (in Sweden one's not)
3. age limits for buying alcohol in a) stores, b) restaurants, c) clubs?

By the way, I'm in love :biggrin:
Drugs laws aren't getting relaxed. There was a brief period where they were - but that has been reversed. Limited small amounts of many 'low grade' drugs leads to nothing more than confiscation.

But small means small.

Currently, there are no government restrictions on smoking in restaurants/clubs/pubs.

Booze - just be 18 and you're fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending