The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What an amazing game. Liverpool did us proud once again! Well done to Westham too.
Reply 3381
What a final. I felt sooooooooooo sorry for west ham. I think that they should have won and would have without Gerrard. Seriously, where would 'Pool be without Gerrard? The number of times Gerrard has saved them is amazing! What a shot for Gerrard for the final goal. A volley without bouncing from that far was brill! I was so relieved that Gerrard was not injured.
Peter Crouch Is My God
What a cup final, best one i have seen in years.... :smile:
Xenon
Seriously, where would 'Pool be without Gerrard? The number of times Gerrard has saved them is amazing!

That goal, I was hoping there, but i thought, there's no way he'll do it again and then he did:rolleyes: He defies belief

It was soooo far out, just drilled into the corner like a rocket
Reply 3385
Ermmm...

Gerrard (left), God (right)
Well, Gerrard this score from outside the box. I shall use the CL final to regain the money 'lost' :redface:

However, I'm more happy about us winning the FA Cup than my money.
Gerrard was awesome. I see no reason why he cant play as make-shift striker or just behind the front man.
Great game, glad Liverpool won because it was 3 poor goals vs 3 good goals, and Liverpool deserved it more.

Not to mention my v.bookie bet, wish I'd stuck a few million on it now, was good odds. :frown:
Xenon
What a final. I felt sooooooooooo sorry for west ham. I think that they should have won and would have without Gerrard. Seriously, where would 'Pool be without Gerrard? The number of times Gerrard has saved them is amazing! What a shot for Gerrard for the final goal. A volley without bouncing from that far was brill! I was so relieved that Gerrard was not injured.

I fu king hate that argument, i see you support arsenal.

Who fancies an arsenal squad without tierry henry?
Who fancies a chelsea team without Lampard?
A man united team without rooney?
Reply 3391
i love stevie....he's a legend! :biggrin:

hey there farhan!
^ Hello gorgeous! :biggrin:
It's official- Derek Riordan has signed a pre-contract agreement with Celtic. He'll join the club at the end of October but won't be eligible to play for them until January 1st. Looks like John Hartson's on the way out for definite now.

Also, Tottenham have had a £3 million bid for Chimbonda rejected. I think they'd be better off with Wayne Bridge, personally.
Liverpool were lucky, West Ham deserved that.

One Man Team

Reina came off his line in for the pens as well which is something that seriously needs to be addressed as soon a possible.
I've got 4682 so far. This is damn addictive.
Economist

One Man Team

Actually, I think the opposite is true. West Ham scored three extraordinarily lucky goals, whereas each of Liverpools were fantastic strikes. West Ham had a lot of chances to win the game, but didn't take them. Livepool deserved the win for the way they fought back.

The 'one man team' argument is getting very old. Cissé's goal got them back in the game (due in part to Gerrard's amazing pass, but not all strikers would have been able to finish it), and Reina won the game for them.
Reply 3397
Economist

If you just watch the goals themselves Liverpool deserved it 100%.

Unfortunately they were pretty bad in other parts of the match with some poor passing giving West Ham too many chances.
Reply 3398
Economist

One Man Team

Reina came off his line in for the pens as well which is something that seriously needs to be addressed as soon a possible.

Funny, that. I'm not going to merit this with an argument.

You're surely provoking for the sake of it? Get off your soap box, and reflect on the footballing spectacle provided by both sides today.
Book-worm
I fu king hate that argument, i see you support arsenal.

Who fancies an arsenal squad without tierry henry?
Who fancies a chelsea team without Lampard?
A man united team without rooney?

Chelsea could survive without Lamps way easier than 'pool without Stevie

Latest