The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
beeraboard
I called and they said that they're still considering my application. So you guys think i still hv a chance???
I said that call again tmr...

If they had decided not to take you, they would have said....... so for sure they are still considering!!

Good luck.
Wait until you've got your results first and then act, if you need to.
This is probably a stupid question. In fact it is a stupid question but track told me my place at my Firm choice had been confirmed (unconditional). I just got my results anyway and I didn't meet the grade requirements but it says I have my place. This is definite right? No chance of a mistake? I know I'm probably stressing over nothing but I just wanted to be sure! :biggrin: I don't need to ring them to double check or anything? lol
Reply 1343
yep yep dont act without knowing your situation you will look a right **** if you phone up when you already have got a place
Milli
Did they ask for your results or anything?

They didn't ask for anything. I assume they've got all the info they needed.
They say as soon as the decision is made, it will be updated on the UCAS track...
Reply 1345
Milli
Did they ask for your results or anything?

Milli --- they will have those already - the uni's get them well before they are issued to us.
why? You have to wait for your clearing passport anyway before applying to clearing? Or thats how i understand it. You pick grades up today, if you haven't met the offer, you phone up the uni to ask if you got in - they may interview you then and offer you a place over the phone - hence the place is conditional till then, if they say no, you can still look and enquire about clearing places.

If you got the grades of the offer, do nothing, in a few days you'll recieve a letter from the uni, and UCAS, congratulating you on getting in.

I got in with my grades a few years ago so didn't do anything - It corrects itself.
Reply 1347
What is wrong with UCAS??????

this is what the website says:

"Use Track to keep up to date with your application.

Updates to Track have been suspended. You can reply to course offers using Track from 18 August 2007. "

does this mean i wont know if i get accepted or not till saturday?!?
Malkmus
This is probably a stupid question. In fact it is a stupid question but track told me my place at my Firm choice had been confirmed (unconditional). I just got my results anyway and I didn't meet the grade requirements but it says I have my place. This is definite right? No chance of a mistake? I know I'm probably stressing over nothing but I just wanted to be sure! :biggrin: I don't need to ring them to double check or anything? lol

If it was a mistake then the uni would have been on the phone to you at 9am trying to explain that they messed up and asking your permission to change their mind:wink:

If track says you're in then your IN
Guys what does this mean?

We are waiting for your reply to a changed offer
PQ
If it was a mistake then the uni would have been on the phone to you at 9am trying to explain that they messed up and asking your permission to change their mind:wink:

If track says you're in then your IN

Thanks.

Time to party! :biggrin:
Reply 1351
I'm going crazy!
Have you got your results? If your results meet your offer, you've got in. If they don't meet your offer then phone up the university to find out if you can still get in.
Negotiator
Guys what does this mean?

We are waiting for your reply to a changed offer

It means that either your firm or insurance choice has made you an offer to another course (possibly one with lower entry requirements).

It should show on track what that course is.

Don't rush to accept it, think about if it's really what you want to do, if it isn't then you can turn down the offer and move on to your insurance and/or clearing.
Milli
You know what really pisses me off? It's the fact that I could be looking at clearing lists...deciding on my options....rather than having to wait here nervously for a reply. Stupid UCAS!

It's not UCAS that prevents you from getting your results at the same time as checking Track. It's the JCQ and the Headteachers association - they don't think studnets should receive their results without having a teacher on hand to "support" them...
Just checked UCAS and my offer is still conditional. Everyone else seems to have updated. I got 240 Points from Media as I got my certificates Tuesday for the Diploma style course and surely I've got at least an E for A2 ICT which gives me 280 to get into my course...

Thing is I can't find out till tomorow because I can't collect that today. I'm worried now though...
Beware of one thing, last year i thought i had been rejected from my first choice as it had not changed from conditional to unconditional while my insurance manchester had, however i got my grades and realised i had made the offer but the uni hadnt recieved one of my as level marks due to a fault with the exam board not sending them to the uni.

so best to wait and see or ring up the uni (even though most wont tell u ur grades until you get them from school, worth a try).
robrymond
Just checked UCAS and my offer is still conditional. Everyone else seems to have updated. I got 240 Points from Media as I got my certificates Tuesday for the Diploma style course and surely I've got at least an E for A2 ICT which gives me 280 to get into my course...

Thing is I can't find out till tomorow because I can't collect that today. I'm worried now though...

Ring up your uni and ask them.

It's possible that they haven't received all of your results yet either.
Reply 1358
im absoltuly terrible on the phone and never no what to say, i was thinking getting one of my parents to ring but i dont think that reflect too good so dont know what to do
I won't pester the Uni today, they'll be busy with people. Once I know my ICT for definite then I'll give them a bell.

Latest

Trending

Trending