The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Waitrose, Fri and Wed nights. Application form and 1 group interview and 1 121 interview
Reply 2
Work in Next, filled in application, had an interview with manager, started last Sept. Getting the job was easy I suppose, but finding somewhere with a vacancy was quite difficult cos all the jobs had been taken so I had to wait till the end of August
I work Mon n Thurs evenings
Reply 3
Work in a bar - Norwegian Blue in Norwich

Filled in an application form

Had an interveiw

Didn't get back to me so I phoned them up, and they gave me a trial shift

Went on from there :smile:
Phoned up a few places, filled in application form, 2 interviews, done.
got application form: replied: had interview: quit other job: started new job
Asked if they needed people - took an application form - got a phone call the next day - had an interview - got the job
Reply 7
Did you just send a CV and letter and it went from there? No, I had to ring an application number and do an interview over the phone. It was basically a multiple choice test on different scenarios which I could encounter.

Did you fill in an application form? Nope, was all over the phone.

Did you start as a temp and get kept on? I started as a Christmas temp, finished in the January as there were no positions. I got a phonecall that April asking if I could take on some hours, and I have been there since.

Where do you work, what hrs, when did you start? I work for Marks and Spencer, do 4-6 hours on a Saturday, 4-6 hours on a Sunday every other week. It can depend if I am needed for extra hours and whether I have the time to do them, but my fixed contract is about that.

What is the easiest and was getting your job easy? I don't get what you mean by what is the easiest, but I think getting my job was pretty easy. They never asked about qualifications or anything, the interview over the phone was easy, and the actual interview wasn't too hard either.
I work full time in an actuarial consultancy.

I saw the job ad. I sent them my CV with a hand-written letter of application, as they asked. About 6 weeks later they invited me to an assessment day. I did a maths test, a written test and a group exercise, then had a formal interview.

2 days later I got a job offer.

:smile:
When I worked in a pub last summer I just phoned up and asked if they needed anyone.
Reply 10
This job I knew some of the people there, went in for a couple of weeks unpaid and they asked me to stay on.

Last job I knew everyone there and they bugged me for ages to work there until I gave in.

First job I randomly went in and asked if they had anything, and started the next day.

So I've been pretty lucky and never had too much trouble, which is good because I'm not good at CVs, interviews, looking smart etc
I was shopping for mushrooms in iceland, the manager came upto me and asked if i wanted a job ( id just been fired from sainsbury's for refusing to work the day before my exam ) and i was like yeah ok..

and started monday :biggrin: ( my brother already worked there so the manager kinda knew me )
i enquired for a paper round last july, got the job in october 2004. and still in the job till this september. I do it every morning. I gave in my application form for Roach Foods today. So i have heard it's a horrible place to go. Hopefully getting an interview asap.
Reply 13
purplecrayon
I was shopping for mushrooms in iceland, the manager came upto me and asked if i wanted a job ( id just been fired from sainsbury's for refusing to work the day before my exam ) and i was like yeah ok..

and started monday :biggrin: ( my brother already worked there so the manager kinda knew me )

Hey hven't seen you around for a while Miss T :p:

How are things?
Reply 14
I popped into the opticians for a new pair of sunglasses . . . came out with a job and have been there for a year! (I still can't see :wink: ).

:biggrin: Michael
Reply 15
mark1988
I was just wondering how you all got your jobs?

Did you just send a CV and letter and it went from their?

Did you fill in an application form?

Did you start as a temp and get kept on?

Where do you work, what hrs, when did you start?

What is the easiest and was getting your job easy?

i sent a CV, but then they told me to fill out an application form... i did kinda stretch my skill (without lying of course). then i got an interview.. what type of person are you? how would someone else describe you? took a small maths test which was really easy. Asked how i would handle customer complaints etc
then he asked 4 my mobile num, so that he could phone me if i go the job... as soon as i left (halfway 2 the bus stop)he called and said i got th job!!
I knew someone who worked there, was asked if I could work in the summer which I accepted sent in my CV got that checked and an enhanced CRB done and now im back there again this summer. I work in a nursery.
twiga
Hey hven't seen you around for a while Miss T :p:

How are things?

things not too good...

exams :frown:
Reply 18
i cant get a job got all summer, tried loads of places but not working. I don't have much experience besides work exp and have worked at my dads office. it's really frustrating and i am going to be sooo bored.
Reply 19
I don't have a job either and it's bugging me. But I have a guaranteed interview in August for a cleaner at the hospital, not a decent job I know but it's not that many hours over the weekend and I'd get around £68. Have to wait all the way til August tho.

Latest

Trending

Trending