The Student Room Group

nasty Interlectual woman or just rich and posh

Well i am totally confused this 26 year-ish came to buy water and she was coming up giddy She says"oh oh great can i buy some water, how final is a final call"

I say*while holding my hand to receive money* erm *as im thinking about how long the flights been there for people to board*

Then she says you havent said how much

I said as much as you want to give me

She was smiling and giddy still and said 1p hehe

she said ooh thats my name being called

Then shes goes off says Thanks Then a 3 second delay and says "young boy" or

"young man "

So is this condescending and was it her intention to belittle me as she seemed nice but now i dont have a clue.

Now when im in a job higher up slightly. how am i going to know whos a bi*tch as they will pretend to be nice to people they work with. how clever can bad people come over and be undiscovered.
is it possible to be friends and not know what they're like. i dont even want to work with people that are snobby and i want to be able to spot them.
Reply 1
errrr....what?
Reply 2
:rofl:
philip2004
Well i am totally confused this 26 year-ish came to buy water and she was coming up giddy She says"oh oh great can i buy some water, how final is a final call"

I say*while holding my hand to receive money* erm *as im thinking about how long the flights been there for people to board*

"young man "

So is this condescending and was it her intention to belittle me as she seemed nice but now i dont have a clue.

Now when im in a job higher up slightly. how am i going to know whos a bi*tch as they will pretend to be nice to people they work with. how clever can bad people come over and be undiscovered.
is it possible to be friends and not know what they're like. i dont even want to work with people that are snobby and i want to be able to spot them.

Well I think the young man thing was just her being friendly rather than belittling you. She sounds a bit crazy/ disorganised so she probably wasnt capable of being sly and hiding her snobbyness
Reply 4
huh?? whats your point dude?
--------------
You should try working at supermarket = absolutely bloody NO respect
Reply 5
Quite annoying but arousing!
Reply 6
sayed_samed

LOL! I concur.
Yeah, seriously man, what the hell are you talking about?
Reply 8
Man I used to work in the Duty Free...you wouldn't believe the customers there :eek: Especially drunk ones :p:
Why were you charging her for tap water? That's illegal.
Reply 10
sayed_samed

Yep i was trying to figure whether you was being nice of course i think she probably was. it was just that bit at the end but she just said it normally with no change of tone.
I give benetfit of doubt.
Reply 11
Well when you said "as much as you want to give me," it seemed as if you were hitting on her. At least that's how it'd appear to me if someone said that to me when I was trying to buy something...

So maybe she responded by pointing out the age difference?
Reply 12
SlyPie
Well when you said "as much as you want to give me," it seemed as if you were hitting on her. At least that's how it'd appear to me if someone said that to me when I was trying to buy something...

yeah you're right :p: i kind of thought that but dismissed it but then you have got a point because most males probably are like that,
I should be more carefull on how nice i am with people because i am starting to think peolple are getting the wrong idea :p:.

So really we have to curb the amount of how nice we are to people that are of opposite sex and near our age but then i bet in different cultures it is different like france for example.
My collegue at work who has a boyfriend kissed and hugged me just for swapping shifts now that's what i like (it's just friendship)
philip2004

"young man "

Wow. That's like trying to read spaghetti.
Reply 14
SlyPie

Yes i get it now.... :p: . Was she good looking btw, out of interest?
I still don't get why you were selling her tap water.
'Cos he's a bloody crook. Why else?

Latest

Trending

Trending