The Student Room Group
Hi,

Dickies make pretty good boiler suits and I'm pretty sure they have a website. However, for dairy work you may want to get a set of waterproof parlour top and trousers. The ones I have are made by Monsoon and I got them in a farm/country store. Unfortunately, I don't know if there are any in SW London, sorry! I would recommend waterproofs for dairy work because when you are in the parlour, the chances of you getting splattered with dung or pee are quite high!

Sorry I can't be more help on where to get these things though.
Reply 2
Alexandra, just off Oxford Circus is great...

http://www.alexandra.co.uk/overview.html
Reply 3
Go to your local garage and see if you can buy a second hand set from them- they'll probably be cheaper that way.

Lisa
I work on a dairy farm and I wear a pair of my dad's work overalls :redface: and a head square - I don't mind the *****, but the thought of it in my hair.... *shudders*
Reply 5
I got mine off the internet - they were q.big though - but I really can't remember the site!! Sorry!!
Reply 6
Thanks for the help guys, will get looking!
Reply 7
i just did a placement at a dairy farm and after the first day in just tshirt and jeans i decided i certainly did not want another 'golden shower' episode so i invested in a Dickies overall which is really comfy, £9.99 (but unfortunately the body part seems way too big). they sell them most places i've seen, is there a countrywide store anywhere near you? thats where i got mine from. anyway hope you have fun, its great fun but unfortunately the only downside is you still leave covered in ****
Reply 8
One last question relating to this, may sound really dumb but is there any particular colour i should get...i know in an abattoir you need white (silly colour).

Latest

Trending

Trending