The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm not a Scot, but I've lived there most my life (in Edinburgh)... I hope that counts.
Reply 2
Of course it counts. All things Scottish count, you don't have to be born and bred to join my society. :smile: If you have Scottish links, or live here, or simply are interested in finding out about Scottish culture and would like to talk to some of us loverly Scots folk then it's all cool.

May I ask, how were things in Edinburgh over New Year?
Reply 3
Can I join please, I'm Scottish born and bred and have been feeling very patriotic since starting uni in England
Reply 4
Meh, I'm Scottish but I'm not really into societies on TSR.

Have fun, and let me be the first to shorthand this society to 'the JockSoc'
Reply 5
Well that's cool for you Mr Libertine. Shame though.

And Debs, you sure can join. Whereabouts in England are you studying?
Reply 6
Liverpool, could've gone to Edinburgh but I'm not really a fan of the city and didn't like the uni
Reply 7
Ah right, I have friends in Liverpool. What do you study?
Hmm, technically I'm English, but I've lived in Scotland all my life and I must say I prefer it (and if/when I go to Cambridge, I'll be introducing myself as Scottish...)
Can I join?
Chase Me
Of course it counts. All things Scottish count, you don't have to be born and bred to join my society. :smile: If you have Scottish links, or live here, or simply are interested in finding out about Scottish culture and would like to talk to some of us loverly Scots folk then it's all cool.

May I ask, how were things in Edinburgh over New Year?

I wasn't in Edinburgh over new year unfortunately - I now live in London and Düsseldorf (Germany). I assume it was great as usual. :p:
Reply 10
Of course you can join. Where in Scotland did you stay, and what will you be studying at university?

And Genghis, that's a shame! I'm sure things were spectacular in London of course, but you never get quite the brilliant atmosphere outside of Scotland. :tongue:
Reply 11
I'm not a Scot, but I have lived most of my life in Australia. Does that count?
Reply 12
{wanders in wearing kilt and woad and see you jimmie hat}
Mind if I join?
Chase Me
Of course you can join. Where in Scotland did you stay, and what will you be studying at university?

Thanks! I stay in Bearsden, just outside of Glasgow. I'll be studying Natural Sciences, hoping t'do astrophysics. If I don't get the grades for Cam then I'll (hopefully...they haven't gotten back to me yet :mad: ) be going to St Andrews for astrophysics.
Reply 14
Bearsden eh? Not bad. That's a really strange area because Bearsden is like, really rather nice, and then right across the road....you come Drumchapel. Haha, it's like, 'hold on...what just happened here?'

And of course, yes and yes to the two new enquirers. Let's hear a bit more from you! :smile:
Reply 15
Hmmm scottish people forming a society, are you planning some kind of invasion?
Reply 16
Invasion? Us? {hides sword behind back} :angel:

Chase Me
Bearsden eh? Not bad. That's a really strange area because Bearsden is like, really rather nice, and then right across the road....you come Drumchapel. Haha, it's like, 'hold on...what just happened here?'

And of course, yes and yes to the two new enquirers. Let's hear a bit more from you! :smile:

Hi then :biggrin:
I'm Acaila, who considered having "Scottish Moderator" as her user title. I'm Scottish totally (Scottish born from completely Scottish parents) and I've lived in various parts of Scotland all my life. I'm currently living and studying in Edinburgh. I'm of Clan Stewart, I know who the Corries are and I can dance the Gay Gordons.

How's that? :biggrin:
Acaila
Invasion? Us? {hides sword behind back} :angel:

Hi then :biggrin:
I'm Acaila, who considered having "Scottish Moderator" as her user title. I'm Scottish totally (Scottish born from completely Scottish parents) and I've lived in various parts of Scotland all my life. I'm currently living and studying in Edinburgh. I'm of Clan Stewart, I know who the Corries are and I can dance the Gay Gordons.

How's that? :biggrin:

I'm Daibhidh and I have lived in Scotland all my life and live for our mountains. I'm Scottish born and my parents are pure scottish(besides my mum being born in England but still is scottish blood). What Scottish person doesn't know the men who wrote 'Flower of Scotland' or as some people say 'Fluir n-Albann' . Living and stufying in Fife. I'm in the clan Forbes and can dance strip the willow.
Reply 18
I can dance Strip the Willow, I just choose not to, spesh if it's an Orcadian one - that has resulted in friction burns on previous occasions.
Reply 19
rpotter
Hmmm scottish people forming a society, are you planning some kind of invasion?

Insurrection, actually.

Any Scotsman who denies that he is planning, at least to some degree, to assemble his clan and their allies and march on London is a liar.

I'm still annoyed than my family fought on the Royalist side during the Civil War and I'm not a bloody duke yet.

Acaila
I can dance Strip the Willow, I just choose not to, spesh if it's an Orcadian one - that has resulted in friction burns on previous occasions.

Oo...er?

Latest

Trending

Trending