The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what about your dad, where was he?
apologiseto yourm mum even if it wasnt your faul;t respect your mum..
Reply 3
erm apologise for slapping her, but have your hand on the 999 number entered phone
Reply 4
You got a window? Climb out of it
Reply 5
pianist
what about your dad, where was he?

Hes at work and im planning on leaving home now:redface:
Reply 6
ok, well, firstly, how old are you?
If you are over 16 you can legally bring charges against her, although you dont have to if you dont want to.
Has she ever shown signs of violence before?
How old is the youngest child?
She needs to have her foot seen to by a doctor, you need to think about whether you consider yourself (and your brother and sister) to be safe.
God- what a complete over-reaction on her part.
I think we've got to remember that mothers are humans (or even inhuman) sometimes and that they can be totally irrational too.
The ideal thing to do in this situation would have been to walk away- it only gets worse when you retalliate but seen as the damage is done, I guess you can only let things totally cool down.
A similar thing happened between me and my mum the other day.
I felt (and still feel) awful about it all but I am sure she felt bad too. If you feel like you can, apologise once she has had time to chill out so she sees that you were the better person in the end.
I know it's really difficult to keep your cool when somebody is randomly attacking you but it's the only thing you can do to avoid it turning into something you regret.
Good luck.
Erm WTF? Everyone's just acting like this is some normal thing? Your mom is a freaking PSYCHO, freakin out over a pizza slice. Get the hell outta the house and get her carted away to the crazy house.
Leave the house until this evening then talk to your mum with your brother and sister. Im sure she wouldnt have actually killed you? Explain to her that it cant happen again and if it does you will see someone for help.
Reply 10
Im 17 and i do think she has psychological issues and she curses me by saying i hope you die and fail your exams. The problem is when we say we think you have psychological issues she thinks we are trying to kill her:frown:
deej2
ok, well, firstly, how old are you?
If you are over 16 you can legally bring charges against her, although you dont have to if you dont want to.
QUOTE]

Does it matter if she is over 16? You can legally bring charges against someone no matter what your age - infact her case is stronger if she is an extreme minor. (Only go to the police as a last resort)
Okay I am sure that advising the OP to leave the house and run away is hardly going to be the answer.
If you want to be the bigger person, then deal with it like an adult if your mum isn't going to. As I said, let things cool down then think about what you're going to say to her. Hopefully she will be feeling terrible about it all too.
Just don't do anything further that you'll regret.
Reply 13
artfultodger
Leave the house until this evening then talk to your mum with your brother and sister. Im sure she wouldnt have actually killed you? Explain to her that it cant happen again and if it does you will see someone for help.

Shes already strangled my 13 year old sister and beaten her for something she didnt even do
Anonymous
Im 17 and i do think she has psychological issues and she curses me by saying i hope you die and fail your exams. The problem is when we say we think you have psychological issues she thinks we are trying to kill her:frown:

My mum says exactly the same sometimes.
It hurts but remember it's not personal- she probably has really insecure moments too.
Reply 15
artfultodger
Does it matter if she is over 16? You can legally bring charges against someone no matter what your age - infact her case is stronger if she is an extreme minor. (Only go to the police as a last resort)

Actually, you cant.
Under the age of 16 you would have to get a "friend" to do it for you. Most likely social services, up until 16, it is classed as child abuse, and will therefore be handled by Child Protection. After 16 it has to be done by the person affected by the actions.
Reply 16
Anonymous
Shes already strangled my 13 year old sister and beaten her for something she didnt even do

You are going to have to involve the police/medical services. She is obviously dangerous, and people around her need protecting.
Reply 17
next time give her the pizza.... :biggrin:
Reply 18
Do you have family nearby, so that you can go to them and stay for a while also tell them what has happened so that they maybe able to help
Reply 19
Esquire
next time give her the pizza.... :biggrin:

She asks for things continually like make her tea, clean the room and when im upstairs she calls me sometimes to turn the TV on!!!!:mad:
Im thinking of telling my grandma since mu mom is scared of her but if i do im worried that all my uncle and aunties would join in and it could cause a family feud.

Latest

Trending

Trending