The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Dont worry! although, saying that ive written out 7 pages of quotes in a vain attempt to learn them all by tomorrow morning! (which really isnt going to happen...)

the ones i can think of off the top of my head:
Tempest :"what cares these roarers for the name king?"
"this islands mine by sycorax my mother which thou tak'st from me..."
"the island is full of noises sounds and sweet airs which give delight and hurt not"
"use your authority"
"this thing of darkness i acknowledge mine"
"the rarer action is in virtue than in vengence"
"as you from crimes would pardoned be, let your indulgence set me free"
"you taught me language and my profit on't is i know how to curse"
"would gabble like a thing most brutish"
"my (something) imagination sees a crown dropping on thy head"
" i remember thou did'st supplant your brother prospero"

Translations

"my name is... my name is sarah"
"endogamien... means to marry within the tribe, exogamien means to marry outside. you dont cross those borders casually, both sides get very angry"
"a rich language, a rich literature... i suppose you could call us a spiritual people"
(i get these quotes confused, but theres also one similar talking about a "syntax opulent with tomorrows" which is quite ironic)
"homer knows it all,boy. homer knows it all" contrast with the end "you know it all now,hugh. you know it all"
"it was a gesture...to indicate a ...presence"
"we should all be learning to speak english"
" i understand the lancey's perfectly, but people like you puzzle me"
"it can happen that a civilisation can be imprisoned in a linguistic contour which no longer matches the landscape of...fact"
"i may learn the password, but the language of the tribe will allways elude me"
"you can learn to decode us"
“We must learn those new names… we must learn where we live. We must learn to make them our own. We must make them our new home."
"its not the literal past, the 'facts' of historythat shape us, but images of the past embodied in language. james has ceaced to make that discrimination... we must never ceace renewing those images because once we do, we fossilise."
"ignari! stulti! rustici!"
"thermypylae"
"urbs antiqua fuit. there was once an ancient city, which juno loved above all the lands..."
"our pietas was for older, quieter things. my friend confusion is not an ignoble condition"

sorry, got a little carried away. quotes are really a personal thing, its what you think you can easily incorporate into an essay. i hope they help you! or at least help you on your way to finding ones you are comfortable knowing!
Tempest:

"A born devil on whose nature nurture can never stick"

"I am your wife if you will marry me, if not I will die your maid"

"...and bears celestial liquor, I shall bow to him"

They are the only two different ones I can think of right now...and I've JUST re-read it! lol.
Who's in trouble?!