The Student Room Group

Worchester College and a prospective student

Hello there. I walked into the grounds of Worchester college yesterday (there wasn't a college open day though) and thought it looked great, and I like the fact they have tennis courts on site. If your at worchester, or maybe just informed about the general opinion of worchester, I would be interested to know the pros and cons of the college. Are there self-catering facilities there, so you can sometimes cook for yourself or sometimes eat in halls? Also, how are the rooms for undergrads? Another thing was that as I was walking into worchester road, some of the rooms (i persume they were rooms) back on to it and the road was quite busy - is the noise much of a problem?
Reply 1
I don't know much about Worcester, apart from the fact that it doesn't have a 'h' in it :wink:
Reply 2
There was a college open day yesterday in Worcester :confused:
Reply 3
greensurf
Hello there. I walked into the grounds of Worchester college yesterday (there wasn't a college open day though) and thought it looked great, and I like the fact they have tennis courts on site. If your at worchester, or maybe just informed about the general opinion of worchester, I would be interested to know the pros and cons of the college. Are there self-catering facilities there, so you can sometimes cook for yourself or sometimes eat in halls? Also, how are the rooms for undergrads? Another thing was that as I was walking into worchester road, some of the rooms (i persume they were rooms) back on to it and the road was quite busy - is the noise much of a problem?

I went to the open day yesterday. Worcester college is amazingly beautiful. `1st years apparntly live in the goldfsh bowl which is a new building(very nice accomodation in my opinion) and they also have a sainsbury building which is supposed to be very well designed according to our tour guide, and has self catering facilities. One con was that in some accomodation there were upto 24ppl sharing 1 shower(i dont know how true that is). Other than that, worcester college has my application. The only college i liked as much as worcester was lincoln, but that doesnt have its sport facilities on site(or a lake:smile: ).
Reply 4
Worcester's pretty, but Magdalen's the prettiest.

(unashamed plug)
Reply 5
24 people sharing a shower?! eek. I emailed them last month and apparently you can request en suite.

Yttrium
Worcester's pretty, but Magdalen's the prettiest.

(unashamed plug)

Yeah i've heard that, although the first year building doesn't look great?
Reply 6
RichE
There was a college open day yesterday in Worcester :confused:

There wasn't anything going on when I was there - I was just able to walk round the grounds. When do the worchester students return? There were a few there. Do the grounds get quite busy during term time or is it quite quiet?
Reply 7
tom391
I don't know much about Worcester, apart from the fact that it doesn't have a 'h' in it :wink:

oops sorry, tis habit. I remember when I first saw the name i would pronounce it with an h, instead of 'wooster' as it should be know:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending