The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The one with Chemistry in the title probably.
Reply 2
lol obviously medicinal chemistry
Reply 3
Med Chem!!! Does exactly what it ses on the tin!
I applied to both! Im a chemistry lover aswel.. I would prefer medicinal chem.. but if u do pharmacy youll have more options after u graduate..
If you wanna do a degree with most chemistry modules then maybe chemistry is a good idea.
Reply 6
A pharmacy degree is basically the first stage in becoming a pharmacist. A medicinal chemistry degree is more researched geared I'd imagine, with no real option of becoming a pharmacist later (until of course you went back to do a second degree in Pharmacy)

By the way does anyone know of any fast track post grad Pharmacy courses?
Reply 7
lol, some funny answers you got here..........i'm doing pharmacy at LSOP atm (1st year), in the first semester you'll be doing 3 moduels :Biochemsitry, CHemistry and Pharmacy Practice/Pharmacology......i'd imagine Med CHem will have more Chemistry stuff in comparison with Pharmacy....and yeh, if you like doing lots of Chemistry, why not just do Chemistry??????

SPeaking of which, first year of Chemistry is hard (compared with Pharmacy). I say hard as in, hard life, cos you'll be doing 12 hours of lab ( 6 hous on 2 days) every week (if u study in UCL) and 24 hours if you're a second year at IC
Reply 8
Pharmacy at kings looks to be quite biological IMO (comparatively speaking)
Reply 9
ah ha, you have Dr Sien lol she freaks me out....
Reply 10
i had offer from kings and lsop and of cos....thats not the (only) reason why i didn't choose kings lol
Medicinal Chemistry/Pharmaceutical and Chemical Science is a waste of time. Believe me, I'm graduating with a degree in CPS this year and honestly, the job prospects are ******** unless you get a first and are willing to relocate 300 miles away (if you're from the North of England of course). Pharmacy is the way forward, as more graduate each year, more are needed no matter where you're from. Do it. That's what I'm doing anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending