The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not unless you want that irremovable ink all over your hands and clothes which I think most places still use.
This happened to me once with a bag and I couldn't get back to the shop in time because I needed it the same night. I called and the manager told me to hold it tightly at the edges, and get a hammer and bang the middle of the tag and the edges and then remove it with a plyer - a little extreme but it worked and there was a tiny (literally, barely even noticeable) hole. I'm not necessarily advising you to do this, as different stores might have different security features such as the special dye stuff inside, but if you call and ask they may suggest a way if you can quote the till receipt or something to prove it's not stolen.
Reply 3
I'd take it back to the shop with receipt, explain, and they'll remove it for you. You can get magnetic thingies which they have under the counter to get the tags off, but they are stupidly expensive. And I wouldn't know where to get them from. :p:

sorry I just read the first thing you put, you can't go back to the shop. you can still buy those things though, the point stands. :biggrin:
we had it once - the dye came out and it washed out somehow in the end.

this was old skool like 10 years ago tho.
Reply 5
If it's not possible to go back to the exact shop, you could go to a different shop and ask them if they were able to take it off.

I did that from House of Fraser to Debenhams.
Reply 6
Try using a really strong magnet. Thats what the shoplifters use (Im not a shoplifter, I work in a shop and they have been used in my shop).
amy_time
Try using a really strong magnet. Thats what the shoplifters use (Im not a shoplifter, I work in a shop and they have been used in my shop).

either pull really hard or a big magnet. i again work in a shop where i put them on things!
Reply 8
I work for tesco and im an expert at remoiving these things.
Firstly i need to know what the tag looks like, and if it is a tag with ink in you will be able to see the ink or it will warn you about it.

If it is NOT an ink tag all you need to do is hit the opposite end to the pin(which will be the larger side of the tag) with something a few times. Then take some pliers and just pull on the small end where the pin is. Once the pin has been uncovered it should just wiggle/pull out.
how do i remove jd sports ink security tags
Reply 10
jamie whiting
how do i remove jd sports ink security tags

By paying for the clothes.
Well long story bought a quiz top in debenhams got home 10 mins ago and realised the tag was still on but as you know debs is made up of loads of stores in one and you all pay at one till so I presume that's why I have an oasis tag on mine I have receipts and can get to quiz to see if they can do it but cannot get to oasis for a while what would you suggest
Original post by red_Rose
I work for tesco and im an expert at remoiving these things. Firstly i need to know what the tag looks like, and if it is a tag with ink in you will be able to see the ink or it will warn you about it. If it is NOT an ink tag all you need to do is hit the opposite end to the pin(which will be the larger side of the tag) with something a few times. Then take some pliers and just pull on the small end where the pin is. Once the pin has been uncovered it should just wiggle/pull out.
Just insert 2 forks between the two parts of the tag, bottom fork facing down and top fork facing up. Press fork handles together, and off the tag will pop. Did it this afternoon, easy.
You can easy do it at home using a keyring
you can always try, PAYING FOR THE CLOTHES!!!!

Latest