The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

2020 University of Strathclyde applicants thread

Hey guys!

This thread is for the people who are applying/have applied this year to study at the University of Strathclyde

Did you receive an acknowledgement or offer?
What course(s) have you applied to?
What other universities have you applied to?

I'll start: I applied to MEng Electronics and Electrical Engineering and have also applied to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt.
EDIT: Applied 7/09/2019 and received an acknowledgement on the 23rd of October(it was in spam).
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I applied for English and Creative Writing and Journalism, Media and Communication (a mouthful, I know), still not heard anything back from them yet. Applied 15th October.
Also applied at Stirling, Glasgow and Goldsmiths
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
I’m going to apply for marketing at Strathclyde as well as Napier, Robert gordon, Cali and Queen Margaret
I'm applying for Physics at Strathclyde and also at Glasgow. I'm on a SWAP Radiography course but the idea of studying pure Physics seems to fit into my plans better as I want to master in Medical Physics.
I've applied for Marketing at Strathclyde, Caledonian and UWS. Sent off application on 3/11/19
Reply 5
i’ve applied for speech and language therapy, also applied for queen margaret university, manchester metropolitan university, leeds beckett, uni of manchester, applied 6/11/19
I applied for Product Design Engineering on the 11/10/2019, cannot remember when I got the acknowledgement (quite late) but I got an unconditional offer on the 20/11/19. I also applied to Glasgow, Cambridge, Edinburgh and Bath
Reply 7
Original post by waterfront
I applied for Product Design Engineering on the 11/10/2019, cannot remember when I got the acknowledgement (quite late) but I got an unconditional offer on the 20/11/19. I also applied to Glasgow, Cambridge, Edinburgh and Bath

20th of November? We're on the 10th rn. Don't you mean something like 02/11/2019?
Original post by Mirai609
20th of November? We're on the 10th rn. Don't you mean something like 02/11/2019?

Sorry, I don't know where I got the 20th from. I meant the 6th
Anyone here apply for chemical engineering?
Reply 10
Just got an email saying that they finally forwarded my application to the Engineering Faculty and that we should expect an offer in February/March.
I have received an offer letter from Strathclyde for MSc Advanced Pharmacology. Anybody else up for the same course?
Can anyone tell me what are the employment opportunities for an Indian student after graduating from Strathclyde?

I have applied to Pharmacology course in Aberdeen, Coventry and NTU and have received offer letters for the same.
Reply 12
Hi guys, I got an unconditional offer for Languages today, after applying two days ago :smile:
Good luck to everyone else with their progress!
Good luck to those of you that are awaiting a response for your application and congratulations to those of you that have been given an offer! :smile:

Karen Robley
University of Strathclyde Official Rep
Reply 14
Hello Karen,am an international prospective applicant at University of Strathclyde.I have got an unconditional offer for MSc Sustainable Environment studies starting September 2020.

I want to know what is this ' Administrative Condition' I have to meet.Thanks
Original post by asiya18
Hi guys, I got an unconditional offer for Languages today, after applying two days ago :smile:
Good luck to everyone else with their progress!

Hey, what languages are you choosing to study? I'm interested in languages as well and have applied for Spanish :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Ellis-hig29
Hey, what languages are you choosing to study? I'm interested in languages as well and have applied for Spanish :smile:

I’ve applied for French and Spanish :smile:
Original post by Alexoo
Hello Karen,am an international prospective applicant at University of Strathclyde.I have got an unconditional offer for MSc Sustainable Environment studies starting September 2020.

I want to know what is this ' Administrative Condition' I have to meet.Thanks

Hey @Alexoo,

That's such great news, congratulations!

Please refer to your official letter which will have been emailed to you confirming your unconditional offer. This will provide you with information on what the next steps are and if any further details are required from you. If you are unsure then please contact the admissions team direct via email - [email protected] and they would be more than happy to help.

We look forward to welcoming you on campus soon :smile:

Karen
University of Strathclyde Official Rep.
Conditional offer from strathclyde university
Asking what is reason you have selected this course MS DATA ANALYTICS and this University.
Personal Statement in my support. Do i suppose to upload a letter.

Reason for selecting the course and uni?
Reply 19
Did anybody receive an email from [email protected] titled "Applications for 2020/2021"? Both me and a friend have received one and thought that it was fishy. Not only I haven't seen the sender address before, but it also says at the end "You are receiving this email as you are a recent graduate of the University of Strathclyde", which is very weird.

Quick Reply

Latest