The Student Room Group

Accredited/recognised science degrees

Hi!
The course I applied for at Keele was cancelled so they gave me the opportunity to change my course. I plan on changing it to Chemistry and Physics (BSc) but I realised it is only accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry but not the IOP.
Since its a joint honors program and only one out of two organisations accredited the degree, would this affect me if I wanted to pursue a masters degree, or affect my employability? In the future I'd really like to do research in one of the two sciences and I was wondering if this would affect my chances of reaching this goal... :')
Reply 1
boost?
Reply 2
boost?
Reply 3
boost :frown:
Reply 4
boost plsss
Reply 5
begging
Don't know exactly how it works, but I might have a general idea ( I recently firmed a joint honours engineering degree that is accredited by both relevant institutes).
I would say that in terms of going on to study a postgrad degree, it won't make much difference, but if you want to go into employment directly after your bachelors then it might negatively impact your chances on the physics side of things. If it was a more chemistry orientated job then you would probably be fine.
As I said, I'm no expert, but I hope this helps in some way ( if nothing else then at least it will boost your post - again )
Good luck with uni, regardless of what decision you make. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by eturbyne52
Don't know exactly how it works, but I might have a general idea ( I recently firmed a joint honours engineering degree that is accredited by both relevant institutes).
I would say that in terms of going on to study a postgrad degree, it won't make much difference, but if you want to go into employment directly after your bachelors then it might negatively impact your chances on the physics side of things. If it was a more chemistry orientated job then you would probably be fine.
As I said, I'm no expert, but I hope this helps in some way ( if nothing else then at least it will boost your post - again )
Good luck with uni, regardless of what decision you make. :biggrin:

thanks so much <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending