The Student Room Group

How can I get my Instagram account back?

I deleted my Instagram account temporarily as I wanted to have more storage to download some movies for when I go on the plane abroad. I logged back into my account when I reached my destination and then it said that it seems as though my account is being ‘phished’ because I logged in elsewhere.
It said that to regain my account, I need my initial phone number that I had when I made my account( which I don’t have as I got a new one years ago) or my email address (which I have no idea which one it is).
I tried the face recognition thing and it says it couldn’t confirm my identity though it is me.

What can I do to get my account back??
See if they’ve got an account recovery contact page?
Reply 2
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Maybe you’ll have to wait until you get back to log back on again and it may recognise your normal location and let you log back in? But if instagram has totally/temporarily deleted/disabled your account for suspected ‘phishing’ and you don’t have the tool to verify I.e code from registered Phone number then unfortunately you would have to create a new account. Their customer service is almost impossible to contact.
Original post by Kschu
Maybe you’ll have to wait until you get back to log back on again and it may recognise your normal location and let you log back in? But if instagram has totally/temporarily deleted/disabled your account for suspected ‘phishing’ and you don’t have the tool to verify I.e code from registered Phone number then unfortunately you would have to create a new account. Their customer service is almost impossible to contact.

Hi they haven’t disabled or banned my account per se, meaning that my followers can still access my account. However I am unable to view it due to supposed ‘phishing’. I’ve tried emailing Instagram but that doesn’t seem to work and for some bizarre reason the face recognition - which I guess is the last resort - won’t recognise my face.
i suppose, as you suggested, I should just wait until I get back home and see if anything changes. Are you aware of any instagram contact numbers? the only thing I can seem to find is that help page which isn’t really relevant for my issue here.
Many thanks x
Hey this happened to me and I lost my account unfortunately :frown:
They never got back to me with facial recognition bc I don't post on my account, but should be fine if you have pics of yourself

and no - couldn't find any contact numbers unfortunately
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by starrystudy
Hey this happened to me and I lost my account unfortunately :frown:
They never got back to me with facial recognition bc I don't post on my account, but should be fine if you have pics of yourself

and no - couldn't find any contact numbers unfortunately

Hey, sorry that you lost your account. I’m going to see if I can contact yahoo to see if they have my email or something.
Did anything happen when you came back home from your holiday? Was your account still not working? As I was thinking it may work when I’m back home as they might be able to recognise my location?
And though I have no posts of myself on my account, I do have highlights stories of me?

Quick Reply

Latest