The Student Room Group

[M20]I'm afraid not having Instagram will ruin my life

I' deleted it due to extremely low self esteem, about 2 years ago. Back then, i used to have literally 3 friends, and two of them were insanely handsome: parties, hordes of girls, friends... anything anyone would desire.

It was a good decision back then, but now i realized how important Instagram is in order to get to know new people. Even if i opened it now, i'd have about 10 followers (how come most of my actual friends have hundreds of followers, if not more??).

What do you think about it?
I deleted instagram 2 years ago and my life has never been better. That app was horrible for my mental health and honestly the people who are only friends with you through instagram arent ur real friends. Idc about social "benefits" it brings i disagree with everything about that app .The idiots who run it and everything. Save yourself the hassle x
Original post by Anonymous
I' deleted it due to extremely low self esteem, about 2 years ago. Back then, i used to have literally 3 friends, and two of them were insanely handsome: parties, hordes of girls, friends... anything anyone would desire.

It was a good decision back then, but now i realized how important Instagram is in order to get to know new people. Even if i opened it now, i'd have about 10 followers (how come most of my actual friends have hundreds of followers, if not more??).

What do you think about it?

Most of my friends are moving off insta to TikTok or just barely use it anymore. I think insta is gonna go the way of Facebook.

I’d also say I’ve only ever used social media to keep in touch with people I already know. I’ve never met a new person through it and not sure how common that is
delete all social media

im a highschooler, and lets just say that my days with social media have been the worst, and for my final academic school year i have decided to remove all social media from my life.

i am a loner and i thought social media would fill that void. instead it has made it worse.
delete all social media

im a highschooler, and lets just say that my days with social media have been the worst, and for my final academic school year i have decided to remove all social media from my life.

i am a loner and i thought social media would fill that void. instead it has made it worse.

Agree with this! I removed all social media about 2 months ago and am much happier.
My reaction to thread title:

Agree with this! I removed all social media about 2 months ago and am much happier.

Yessir
I've made so many new friends in the past couple of years (as an adult / graduate) and don't use Instagram. Why do you think it's necessary to meet people?
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest