The Student Room Group

Arup application

I am currently applying for the Graduate Mechanical Engineer role. Arup states "Please note, you are not required to upload a copy of your CV or a covering letter.". Since the application questions does the work of the over letter, should I upload my CV anyway or would it negatively affect my chances?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi,
I just wanted to ask if you ended up uploading your CV or not and how the application went.
I’m currently applying for an industrial placement role and also unsure whether putting in my CV will negatively affect my chances. I’m hoping it would help me out as it will show my suitability for the role (because I don’t think stating my course alone will help in the education section).
Thanks!
Reply 2
I didn't upload it but I don't how much it affects it tbh because I never made it past that initial stage unfortunately. I'm sorry that I'm not much help. Try seeking help on LinkedIn from placement students already in Arup. I wish you all the best.
Reply 3
Original post by moosky
I didn't upload it but I don't how much it affects it tbh because I never made it past that initial stage unfortunately. I'm sorry that I'm not much help. Try seeking help on LinkedIn from placement students already in Arup. I wish you all the best.

sorry to hear that, were you rejected after the online assessment or before it
Reply 4
Original post by mm10391
sorry to hear that, were you rejected after the online assessment or before it

Before
Reply 5
Original post by Atresiel
Hi,
I just wanted to ask if you ended up uploading your CV or not and how the application went.
I’m currently applying for an industrial placement role and also unsure whether putting in my CV will negatively affect my chances. I’m hoping it would help me out as it will show my suitability for the role (because I don’t think stating my course alone will help in the education section).
Thanks!

Not having a CV on your application is a pretty big deal, if your CV has anything of worth on it you should always be uploading it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending