The Student Room Group

Got a grade 9 in gcse 2023 for french- here to give any tips :>

If you have any questions I’d love to help!
Don't have any questions, just came to say as a fellow languages student I know how difficult it can be. Congrats!
Reply 2
Original post by Castrovalva
Don't have any questions, just came to say as a fellow languages student I know how difficult it can be. Congrats!

ahh thanks 🙏
also what languages do you study?
Original post by irenxic
ahh thanks 🙏
also what languages do you study?

I'm in Year 13 Spanish, just applied to do Spanish and German at Cambridge! (but Linguistics and Spanish at my other Unis)! Are you taking French at A Level?
Reply 4
Original post by Castrovalva
I'm in Year 13 Spanish, just applied to do Spanish and German at Cambridge! (but Linguistics and Spanish at my other Unis)! Are you taking French at A Level?

wow that’s rlly awesome. And yea I’m doing french at a-level, I’m only in yr 12 but so far it’s good 👍
Reply 5
Original post by irenxic

Hi I’ve got my mocks coming up and would love some tips would you be able to help me? I’m year 11
Reply 6
Original post by Dan G 0711
Hi I’ve got my mocks coming up and would love some tips would you be able to help me? I’m year 11

suree of course
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by irenxic

Hello, can you please explain the picking of themes for the french speaking exam- as in how does the chosen theme affect the general convo, photocard and roleplay.
Hi, I have mocks around the corner and I would love some advice on how to revise for french as I have been learning my speaking questions for writing and speaking but don’t know where to start with the rest. Thanks in advance
Reply 9
Original post by maggie1323
Hello, can you please explain the picking of themes for the french speaking exam- as in how does the chosen theme affect the general convo, photocard and roleplay.

For me (I did edexcel so idk if it’s different) I think that our chosen theme for the convo wouldn’t appear again in the photo cards or role plays. (So our teachers would always say to pick the hardest theme so that you can prepare for it, rather than it comes up in the role play or photo card and you struggle.)
Reply 10
Original post by FrenchFencer
Hi, I have mocks around the corner and I would love some advice on how to revise for french as I have been learning my speaking questions for writing and speaking but don’t know where to start with the rest. Thanks in advance

For listening and reading, I recommend using past papers from your exam boards website. I know it sounds basic but I think they rlly help bcs it helps you to get to know how the papers are structured and helps you practice.
To help improve, I used the website called ‘thisislanguage’. My school forced us to use it but it honestly rlly helped me 😅 (especially in reading and writing). I recommend going through the vocab sections and also the grammar sections!
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by irenxic

Im doing Gcse french AQA and am really confused and have french speaking coming up. We got given some booklet to fill in is there a checklist of what to answer? does everyone across the country get given the same one? Do we even get one for the actual thing? How do you write a top grade answer for each one? I probably sound really dumb but I am panicking a little and just do not understand what we're supposed to do and my teacher isn't much help lol
hi im in year 11 and i have my speaking exam in less than 2 weeks, im doing edexcel french higher and could use some tips. I have picked theme 5 (international and global dimensions) but im kind of confused on what to write about. Do you have any grade 9 phrases I could use in my presentation to make it sound better? Also after I have said my presentation am I asked questions on that theme or a different one?

Thanks
Original post by lauren.tttt
Im doing Gcse french AQA and am really confused and have french speaking coming up. We got given some booklet to fill in is there a checklist of what to answer? does everyone across the country get given the same one? Do we even get one for the actual thing? How do you write a top grade answer for each one? I probably sound really dumb but I am panicking a little and just do not understand what we're supposed to do and my teacher isn't much help lol

In the same boat as you! Try and include a variety of tenses in your answers (obviously past, present, future, but maybe subjunctive and pluperfect if you can) some idioms, variety of pronouns and you’re set. My school is making us memorise answers to all of them so we have an easier time during the conversation. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending