The Student Room Group

Network Rail Graduate 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Saifullah_10
Anyone heard back after the VI or not, still no response for me been more then a month now. Kinda worried that i might have not made it

Maybe we will get a response after Christmas break. I guess
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 21
Does anyone know if there’s a way to check which scheme you’ve applied for? If I’m honest, is been so long since I submitted the original assessment and only now have I been invited to a VI that I have forgotten whether I chose the IT scheme or Project Management.
Reply 22
Original post by xlrspin
Does anyone know if there’s a way to check which scheme you’ve applied for? If I’m honest, is been so long since I submitted the original assessment and only now have I been invited to a VI that I have forgotten whether I chose the IT scheme or Project Management.

Did you figure it out? I just tried to check but I couldn't find it either.
Reply 23
Original post by liahop

Did you figure it out? I just tried to check but I couldn't find it either.

I did, I just realise which one I’d applied to. It was project management.
Reply 24
Can anyone tell me what this email means? I’ve been asked to provide evidence of my right to work. Then I might get shortlisted for the assessment centre. Does anyone know how likely it is that I get invited to it?
Reply 25
Original post by xlrspin
Can anyone tell me what this email means? I’ve been asked to provide evidence of my right to work. Then I might get shortlisted for the assessment centre. Does anyone know how likely it is that I get invited to it?

Did they ask for the type of documents you can use to prove your right to work in the UK?
Reply 26
Original post by xlrspin
I did, I just realise which one I’d applied to. It was project management.

Oh good cos I can see from the first page when I asked a few weeks back, you said it was project management you applied to.
Reply 27
Original post by xlrspin

Oh wow. Have you already done the stage 4 Video Interview?
Reply 28
Original post by Anessi

Oh wow. Have you already done the stage 4 Video Interview?

Yes I got sent the invitation for it on the 19th and because I was working, I ended up doing it on the 24th lol. I was slightly annoyed at the timeframe they gave me to do it, but I guess it’s automated.
Reply 29
What questions did you guys get asked in the video interview? I will be doing mine soon.
Reply 30
Original post by saffis
What questions did you guys get asked in the video interview? I will be doing mine soon.

Please when did you do your immersive assessment and when did they get back to you for the video interview?
Reply 31
for me video interview is part of the assessment. Did you not answer any recorded video questions during your assessment?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 32
Original post by xlrspin

Hi, I've also got a similar email saying I've reached the standard for the project management grad scheme. My Visa is valid until 28th April 2025, I was wondering if they sponsor visa at the commencement of the graduate scheme and if you wouldn't mind do you have the right to work in the UK for the entirety of the graduate scheme?
Reply 33
Original post by sdk19

Hi, I've also got a similar email saying I've reached the standard for the project management grad scheme. My Visa is valid until 28th April 2025, I was wondering if they sponsor visa at the commencement of the graduate scheme and if you wouldn't mind do you have the right to work in the UK for the entirety of the graduate scheme?

I was under the impression that they would cover a visa for the length of the scheme (2 years). However, as I’m a UK National, I’m not the right person to ask. I’d probably just email to find out. Sorry, I wish I knew more.
Reply 34
Original post by xlrspin
I was under the impression that they would cover a visa for the length of the scheme (2 years). However, as I’m a UK National, I’m not the right person to ask. I’d probably just email to find out. Sorry, I wish I knew more.

That's perfect, thank you very much for your prompt response. I wish you the best for the assessment center and beyond 🤗
Reply 35
I just received an invite to the stage 4 video interview.
Hi guys, please what stage is this ?

“Some good news we’ve moved you to the next stage.

We’d like to invite you to complete a video interview.

Here’s what you need to know:

You’ll be asked to review and answer 5 questions in total. It normally takes around 30 minutes to complete. You have 7 days from the date of this email to complete it.

Please, what kind of questions am I to expect ?
Thanks
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 37
That's the video interview stage before they shortlist you for the assessment centre.

I've been checking NR's Glassdoor.co.uk page to see what kind of interview questions graduates have encountered. For the Graduate Civil Engineering role, they ask about railway safety and signalling. Other than that, I don't know what else would pop up so I've been looking through common interview questions and strength-based questions online and preparing some answers for those.
(edited 3 months ago)
Which schemes did everyone apply for?
Original post by Yllora
That's the video interview stage before they shortlist you for the assessment centre.

I've been checking NR's Glassdoor.co.uk page to see what kind of interview questions graduates have encountered. For the Graduate Civil Engineering role, they ask about railway safety and signalling. Other than that, I don't know what else would pop up so I've been looking through common interview questions and strength-based questions online and preparing some answers for those.

Thank you. I applied for Network Strategy, Planning and Analysis Graduate Scheme.

I don’t know what questions will be asked 😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending